Dangerous Territory Pt. 1

Dangerous Territory Pt. 1

A Story by Mistress Lorescien
"

A fantasy creature romance. And, to make sure I don't ruin it for you, I will not say more.

"

My dearest Eliza,

You have no idea how much I have missed you, have longed for you, have imagined you next to me once more. Who am I? You need not know.

All I want you to know is that I love you with all of my heart, soul, and mind. And one day, you shall love me the same as I love you.

Tommorrow, when you go into the market, I will be there. No, I shall not reveal myself to you. Do not even think to look. I blend well, my dear, and I know you would not notice a difference from all the other men.

Just remember that I love you.

Forever yours,

Samael

 

          Most days, people would be afraid of such a letter. The sign of a stalker, my mother always used to say. But I am not and never will be like other women. I find it to be... quite the romantic action. To write a letter to one you love, even if they do not know you takes much bravery; I practically swoon over men with bravery like my admirer.

 

          As I folded the latest note back into it's intricate design, my mother entered my room. There was no door, no door but the one at the front to keep out wandering thieves. She saw my little task of struggling with the small scrap of paper and frowned. "Lizzy, that are you doing? That isn't another one of those little love letters from that strange man is it?"

 

          She made a snatch at the paper, but I stuffed it down the front of my bodice just in time. "No mother," I responded cooly, "It's a letter I just recieved from Orega; she wants me to come visit her at market tommorrow." What a horrid lie, I thought, Orega never wants me in such a place. She knows I love it too much to ever leave for home...

 

          Mother always hated my view of the markets: a magical place where all the creatures of our unnamed land could co-exist without too much hassle. Of course, I had only gone once when I was 7 and was with my nanny at the time. Ever since then, she never allowed me to go the market. She had hated my obsession with all the exotic people.

 

          "You shall do no such thing."

 

          "But it is from Orega, mother! You know her! She's been my friend since I was so very little, and you knew her mother even before that. Why can I not go?"

 

          She sighed, straightening her skirt and apron to stall for time; thinking up excuses was not her strong point. "Well, I don't think it's... it's not very safe..."

 

          "For a young girl like me?" I snapped accusingly.

 

          My mother could hear the angry tone of my voice, the violent tantrum it was ready to unleash, the possiblity of my running off no matter what she said. That instilled a bit of fear in her own voice when she responded. "I just don't believe it to be safe for anyone, darling. You know of those creatures there. Those monsters."

 

          "You consider them monsters while the whole rest of the world considers them different. Why can't you trust them?"

 

          "I'm not judging them, Lizzy, and I don trust them, but some are violent. Some are evil." She sat on my bed next to me and laid on hand over mine, "But I suppose I can let you go this one time. I can't hold you back forever can I?"

 

          If I hadn't been raised to act like a proper lady at all times I would have jumped and screamed for joy. Instead, I hugged her like I never done before. "Oh thank you so much. You won't regret it, mother, I promise you that."

 

          The smile on her face was real, but I still saw that cloud pass over her face as she watched me jump up to pick my clothing for the next day. Something was bothering her, ad I think it had to do with all the different races of creatures that I would possibly meet. Had something happened to her at the market so many years ago? I was going to force it out of her at some point... but only after I got to visit Orega and the marketplace.

 

          After all, how dangerous can faeries, orcs, and other like creatures be?

© 2009 Mistress Lorescien


Author's Note

Mistress Lorescien
Ignore my spelling please. It's really bad at times. :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Didn't worry about spelling etc, ( That's what spellcheckers are for anyway. :) )
Really enjoyed this except for the fact that I what to know what happens at the market????
You have a good grasp of dialogue, giving the characters words that flow real, though the setting is Fantasy

Well done

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 21, 2009
Last Updated on August 21, 2009

Author

Mistress Lorescien
Mistress Lorescien

WA



About
Alright, now that I feel a bit comfy with this site and some very nice people that use it, I think I can talk about myself. My name is Jenn, Jenny, Jennifer, or Lorescien. Whichever you prefer, I .. more..