Virgo essay

Virgo essay

A Story by Lola Positive
"

An essay I wrote a little while back

"

 This is the Virgo constellation. I have chosen it because it is my astrology star sign. There are nine stars in the Virgo constellation and its name means "Virgin" in Latin. Some of the constellation's bordering Virgo are, Leo, Libra, Hydra and Corvus.

 

  One of the few signs not represented by an animal, Virgo's origin stems from the Tale of Pandora. Virgo of course is the representation of the goddess of purity and innocence, Astraea. After Pandora opened the jar and let loose all the evils unto the world, the gods who lived on the earth fled back to the heavens and away from the evils of the earth. Astraea was the last to return to the heavens. As a remembrance of innocence lost, Astraea was placed amongst the stars in the form of Virgo.

 

Once, a long, long time ago there was a beautiful woman called Adonia. Adonia was so lovely in face and spirit that men travelled many miles to meet and, in turn, ask her hand in marriage. Despite the men's greatest attempts to woo her, Adonia always refused. For she had sworn her life to the gods and for that she unmarried and a virgin. Tales of Adonia's beauty travelled so far that it reached the ears of the great king, Aquiles. King Aquiles ruled a far of kingdom and his beauty was almost as well known as Adonia's. Aquiles was also a great magician and he decide that if anyone was going to woo Adonia out of her virgin state it would be him. So Aquiles packed a great many ships laden with gold and treasure to present to Adonia. When Aquiles arrived and attempted to woo Adonia but, like all the other suitors, she refused him. Aquiles went into a state of rage and caste a terrible curse upon Adonia, casting her into the sky to live in the darkness of the universe. The god, Zeus, saw Adonia's plight and took pity on the beautiful girl so he changed her into stars so that her beauty would never be lost.        

© 2017 Lola Positive


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A fair story still relevant to today.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
1 Review
Added on December 17, 2017
Last Updated on December 17, 2017
Tags: essay, non-fiction

Author

Lola Positive
Lola Positive

New Zealand



About
Not too sure I'm good at this whole writing thing more..

Writing