Lover's Angst

Lover's Angst

A Story by Lorraine Pearson

Lover's Angst

By: Lorraine Pearson

May 12, 2007

 

 

"...and the sun did set on my regrets, an event so many have warned against."

 

 

He opened his cell phone, spying all the text messages he had stored up over time.  The sweet lover's words were almost blinding to him..."no one feels like this about another," he thought to himself.  Still, something drew him toward her, and he couldn't help but want to hear her sweet soothing voice over the phone as he had so many times before.  This lulling melodic sound that would emit from her mouth always put him in a sort of transient state, often causing him to fall asleep without her knowing...

 

She saw the wind inside the trees and felt its touch embracing her.  Still, endless secrets whirled about, unraveling a need for long withheld answers to questions her mind had owned since its time of revelation.   Ceaseless moments of discontent grew into hours of agony, as she awaited an understanding of why this horrid mind and heart game must continue. 

 

She once believed love to be simple.  But the more she gave her love to him, the more complex love had become. The waves that pulsated in her heart continued to pound on her abraded emotions.  Eventually, in silence, the sun did set on her regrets, an event too many had warned against.  Her pillow was damp from the tears she had cried. 

 

Reality had become her nightmare, and no nightmare in her sleep could possibly compare to the anxiety that would not end in her waking hours. Sleep eventually overtook her, and she welcomed it gratefully, as she drifted into the depths of dreams yet to come.

 

His emotions were so bound up inside, he found it next to impossible to even fathom exactly where he could begin to share.  He wanted love, and longed to be loved since his childhood. 

But he learned at a very young age the pointlessness of thinking he could ever gain love from anyone without attaining some sort of grand achievement...  yet here was this woman, offering him kindness and approval, supposedly without any strings. 

He didn’t buy it.  His heart was broken far too many times before, and he wasn’t about to have it broken again...he closed his cell phone and wandered into his lonely room to retire for the night. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One more time, tonight, like most every night,  he wrapped his sun-kissed arms around the frosty pillow, tightening himself into a ball, knowing he'd awake in no one's embrace but for the blanket tangled around him.

 

© Lorraine Pearson 2007

 

 

© 2008 Lorraine Pearson


Author's Note

Lorraine Pearson
this is a narrative...to be used as an opening...any thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

One word. Brilliant.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Nya
This is definitely a great beginning. Your imagery is perfect...it was almost as if I were watching it on screen because you painted such a complete picture...and I could feel the hurt and the desperation and uncertainty almost as if I were feeling the emotions myself. Beautiful! I can't wait to read more.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is gonna be a great love story, I can see it. this is a perfect prelude for it.

loved it and especially the last part----

--
One more time, tonight, like most every night, he wrapped his sun-kissed arms around the frosty pillow, tightening himself into a ball, knowing he'd awake in no one's embrace but for the blanket tangled around him.
--

sounds like a story of my life. :(

gonna be a great read, I can't wait.

l8r g8r
-Tao

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 13, 2008
Last Updated on March 13, 2008

Author

Lorraine Pearson
Lorraine Pearson

Largo, FL



About
I am a freed soul that enjoys writing as much as reading. Its exciting to be amongst others in a forum such as this where no matter the path I'm on in my journey through life, I know I can express wh.. more..

Writing