The Cell Part One

The Cell Part One

A Story by W. V. H.

The walls are cold and wet with the dank smell of mildew. There is a small square window, a glass window, but somewhat more odd than other windows a gloss of fog perhaps. I stand there for a moment barefoot on this cold grimy wet concrete floor. Staring at the window, I walk over to the window and reach out to touch it. Mother of God a rush a warming sensation surges through my hand, then arm, through my whole body I’m washed in this heat. A comforting, safe beautiful heat filling all the lost causes within my soul.

            I close my eyes and take a deep breath and there she is standing in a field of wild flowers daffodils, daisies, and chrysanthemums thousands of them and these lush rolling green hills. The hues of the Sun only amplifying and accenting the yellows and greens around her curved form, she glides as if walking on air the grass parting ever so slightly as if she is royalty. Her dress moves in perfect unison with her body and her hair that dark mysterious hair flows in the spring breeze. Her skin a rich vanilla with a hint of olive as someone might have southern European descent. She continues on in the meadow, picking flowers occasionally and playing with the butterflies affectionately. As if there was no care in the world.

            I am now enveloped with this sight my core warmed and my soul filled and I cling to this moment. I watch in amazement trying to understand what I have done to deserve this gift. The sound intensifies the smells overbearing like a black hole the scenery start to dissolve one object at a time until it starts to rush away and then I…

 

© 2013 W. V. H.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on October 9, 2013
Last Updated on October 9, 2013

Author

W. V. H.
W. V. H.

About
Lost and Found. I've been around. more..

Writing
I'm coming I'm coming

A Poem by W. V. H.