Heroes; Volume Five: Brave New World (Chapter One: Unforeseen Future)

Heroes; Volume Five: Brave New World (Chapter One: Unforeseen Future)

A Screenplay by Lou Evans
"

Picks up after the season four finale where the world finally knows about the Heroes. I do not own the rights to Heroes this is an attempt at a Spec Script.

"

Chapter One: An Unforeseen Future

 

Scene One

 

A video screen

 

EXT. CARNIVAL (CENTERAL PARK)-NIGHT

 

CLAIRE BENNET stands before CAMERAS, which are unseen; she pushes her shoulder back into place while a scratch heals across her cheek.  She looks directly at the cameras.  While Claire stands there her lips start to move but there’s no screen as if she’s been put on mute.  The scene rewinds and starts from the beginning.  The image shakes as whoever holds the camera runs forward following Claire.  She climbs to the top of a Ferris Wheel.  Suddenly, she leaps off hitting the ground within seconds.  Still, whoever holds the camera runs forward, the image is shaky while Claire slowly stands up even though her body is broken.  She starts to push limbs back into place as she walks toward the cameras.  Claire stands still while a scratch heals across her face.

 

 

CLAIRE

           My name is Claire Bennet, and this is attempt number…

           I guess I’ve lost count.

 

 

The scene rewinds back a few seconds.  Claire stands before the cameras.

 

 

CLAIRE

           My name is Claire Bennet, and this is attempt number…

           I guess I’ve lost count.

 

 

Scene rewinds.

 

 

CLAIRE

           My name is Claire Bennet…

 

Scene rewinds

 

CLAIRE

           Claire Bennet…

 

 

Scene abruptly cuts to black.

CUT TO: CLAIRE (PRESENT)

 

INT. CAFETERIA (UNIVERSITY)-DAY

 

SUPERIMPOSE: Claire Bennet Arlington University Arlington, Virginia

 

Claire sits by herself at a table while she stares at a plate of food.  STUDENTS all around her keep staring at her unless she looks up.  They look away from her as if there is nothing wrong.  Claire does her best to focus on her food.  GRETCHEN walks over to her sitting down even though she does not have any food.  Only her backpack, which she hangs on the back of her chair.  Claire looks up at her even though the two sit there in silence for a few seconds.

 

 

GRETCHEN

           I thought you wanted to live a more normal life.

                           (Claire looks back at her meal.)

           Claire?  Talk to me about this.  You’re now the world’s

           favorite freak show.

 

CLAIRE

           I don’t know how to explain this to you.

 

GRETCHEN

           Claire!

 

CLAIRE

           Please, right now.  I don’t want to talk about this.

           I don’t want to talk about my actions, my decisions.

           And I don’t want to be lectured.

                           (pauses)

           Can you tell me about your day?

 

GRETCHEN

           What?

 

CLAIRE

           Tell my about your day.  Or days.  I feel like I haven’t

           seen you in forever. 

 

GRETCHEN

           …Alright…

 

 

Gretchen sits there looking down at her hands while Claire watches her.  Gently, Claire pushes her hand across the table to touch Gretchen’s.  Again, Gretchen looks up at Claire trying to smile but it’s obvious that something is bothering her.  It’s the same for Claire.  She partially smiles at Gretchen, but she, too, knows that not all is well in the world.

 

CUT TO: SYLAR AND PETER

 

INT. HOSPITAL-DAY

 

SUPERIMPOSE: Peter Petrelli & Sylar New York City, New York

 

PETER PETRELLI walks towards the doors of the hospital pushing past everybody.  He holds onto a bag full of medical supplies.  He’s about to exit but comes to a stop right before the doors.  Slowly, he turns to see SYLAR sitting in one of the seats.  He looks over at Peter and smiles at him.  Shaking his head, Peter exits.  Sylar sits there for a few seconds before he stands up following Peter.

 

EXT. PARKING LOT

 

Peter continues to walk ignoring Sylar as he follows. 

 

 

PETER

           What are you doing here?

 

SYLAR

           Turns out I’m not the villain, Peter.  But I don’t know

           if I’m the hero.  How can somebody as special as me

           sit around and watch the world turn?

 

PETER

           You had your chance.  You helped stop Samuel.

 

SYLAR

           I don’t want to die alone.

 

PETER

                           (turns to face Sylar)                       

           Look, I have to go to work.

                           (pauses)                             

           Why don’t you wait here for me?  I’ll return

           here after my shift.

 

SYLAR

           You make me wonder.

 

PETER

           What’s that supposed to mean?

 

SYLAR

           You’re too good of a man.

 

PETER

           I have to go.

 

SYLAR

           Peter…I’m still sorry…for everything.

 

 

Peter moves a step forward while looking over his shoulder at Sylar.  It looks as if he’s going to say something to Sylar but instead, he continues to walk forward towards an ambulance that sits there waiting.  He climbs into the vehicle, which then pulls out of the parking lot at high speed with its blaring sirens on at full blast.  Sylar backs away before he turns around and goes back into the hospital.

 

CUT TO: NOAH BENNET AND LAUREN GILMORE

 

INT. CAFÉ-DAY

 

SUPERIMPOSE: Noah Bennett & Lauren Gilmore Arlington, Virginia

 

Both NOAH and LAUREN stare at a television set while a cup of coffee sits before the two of them.  The coffee is no longer warm.  The steam is long gone.  Everybody in the café sit there watching the screen.

 

 

NOAH

           What do you think will happen now?

 

LAUREN

           I’m going to assume that only somebody who

           can see the future knows.

 

 

Noah glances at her for a brief moment before focusing on the TV screen again.  Not once does Lauren pull her eyes away from the screen as she watches what’s going on.

 

NOAH AND LAUREN POV: The Television Screen

 

There’s a NEW REPORTER on screen standing before a mess of police cars that all stand in front of a bank.  She constantly glances over her shoulder as the police officers crouch ready to fire their weapons onto the scene.  It’s impossible to tell what is happening within the bank.

 

 

NEWS REPORTER

           From what I understand.  There are no hostages.

           Whoever inside of there is able to suck all the

           oxygen out of the air killing everybody almost instant-

           aneous.  Nobody is sure why the police have not

           tried to enter the building yet.  But there’s more than

           one…freak…inside of the building.  The others who are

           aiding the man who sucks out all the oxygen have

           oxygen tanks strapped to their backs.  It’s as if they’re

           all SCUBA diving out of the water.

 

 

Noah looks away from the television screen and at the cup of coffee that sits before him.  Lauren shakes her head and looks away along with most of the people within the café.  The news cuts to commercial.  He grabs onto it and takes a sip out of it.

 

 

LAUREN

           Noah, if you thought the Company was bad.  I

           think life is about to get a lot worse for us.

 

NOAH

                           (stands up)

           I need to talk to Claire.

 

LAUREN

           I think you’ve lectured her enough.

 

TRACY (O.S)

           Maybe I can try.

 

 

Both Lauren and Noah look up to see TRACY standing close to their table.  She grabs a chair from another table pulling it over to their table and sits down.

 

 

TRACY

           I think I may be able to help here.

 

 

Noah looks from her to Lauren before he joins them again.  He sits down pushing the coffee away from himself while he watches Tracy.  The news flickers to life in the background but neither one of them focus on the television screen.

 

 

NEWS REPORTER (O.S)

           Oh my God.  Oh my God, the police have started to

           open fire on the building.

 

CUT TO: SCREEN

 

Claire stands before the cameras while a scratch on her cheek is healing.

 

 

CLAIRE

           My name is Claire Bennet, and this is attempt number…

           I guess I’ve lost count.

 

 

The screen cuts to black.

 

INT. ABANDONED WAREHOUSE-DAY

 

It turns out to be a small hand held screen and whoever is holding it starts to move.  VIOLET stands there with the screen in her hand.  The wall around her are bright white with fluorescent lights hanging from the ceiling blinding anybody who’s not used to them.  She wears tight white leather pants along with a tight white leather shirt.  Violet has long electric blue hair that falls to her shoulders and wears purple ray ban glasses.

 

 

VIOLET

           Fascinating.

 

 

She takes the screen and puts it on her belt before she walks forward.  With each step she takes a light flickers off as she heads towards what appears to be one end but it seems as if the room is infinite.  Eventually, all the lights go out and it’s completely black.

 

 

End Scene

 

 

© 2010 Lou Evans


Author's Note

Lou Evans
this is my attempt at writing a spec script. I have writer's block for all my other projects so I thought it would be an attempt at something new.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not bad, you did a great job with the characters details and story.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

259 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 15, 2010
Last Updated on February 15, 2010

Author

Lou Evans
Lou Evans

Vulcan, DC



About
I love Star Trek. I love screenwriting but for some reason, I really want to write a kid's story. Like those great old chapter books. I read sci-fi and Jane Austen. (I'm not huge on fantasy) .. more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by Lou Evans