The windows behind our eyes

The windows behind our eyes

A Story by Laura Kate
"

A very short story, an extract

"
And in that moment they both felt, at the same time, an overwhelming urge to slow down and to stop. Unlike most urges which are impatient and impulsive, this was one of certainty and clarity. She lay on top of him, head pulled back just an inch above his, inspecting his face with her fingers. In silence she outlined his jaw, his ears, she ran her nails through the dark greying hair around his mouth, wanting to kiss it. Time had a habit of stopping still when they were together. It was as if they temporarily fused into one being, and somehow gained the time back from originally having two separate souls. She realised, he had been inspecting her face too. He was outlining her full lips, her chin, running his fingers through her long Pocahontas hair. Then something happened which lovers often long for but are too afraid to give. Their eyes met each other's and as his wide eyes jumped from left to right she felt a wall to her peripherals which only permitted her to look so far. 
He pulled her gently in, and asked ; 
'Are you thinking what I'm thinking?'. 
She was. 
She widened her eyes ever so softly, a symbolic attempt at widening these walls which were keeping her from saying "yes".
A compromise - she nodded, and he kissed her again, 
In the next moments he was lost to her 100%, but her to him only 60%. For when he looked into her eyes the window to his soul and to his heart opened with it, and every part of him flowed freely to be given and to be loved. When the windows behind her eyes opened there were only parts of her soul which could fit through. These parts flowed freely and had the lightness and clarity of everything you would recognise and hope to be love, but they were attached to string which was anchored in the pits of her stomach. Anchored so as not to lose herself completely, so that she could take these parts back at any moments to make herself feel whole again. Anchored deep within her soul; in the same place you find loneliness, stubborness and heartbreak. 

© 2019 Laura Kate


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What else can I say beside , I am addicted!

Not sure where to start even , its like you have an idea and you start to develop it in your head and you reach so many other areas of the human mind and you pack all your thoughts together , into a short story , and you release it ... knowing I would be there to read and capture and go deeper into the words and feel the power of them , not only behind the eyes , but behind your mind .



Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laura Kate

5 Years Ago

What a fantastically powerful review - so intriguing that you recognise the thought processes as wel.. read more
Planet x

5 Years Ago

I added more , you are amazing writer



Reviews

Thoughts underlying actions very prevalent here. Freedom of thoughts entertain creativity so as to let the mind formulate concepts. A very interesting read in a way that most arent. When youre on youre on so to say😁

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laura Kate

4 Years Ago

Thank you Kent that's some really lovely feedback :)
A writer of both prose and poetry, amazing! The first part of your tale is more than romantic, shows desire and need in the finest, warmest language.. it's as if two stars fused and a wonderful light suddenly shone in the firmament! Then, there seemed to be moments of extreme ecstasy followed by doubt.. and, having just read it again, I wonder if part of your mindset is unsure whether or not to give, to cede to anothere's need. Wondering how it might be if you continued the story.. ..

You're such a storyteller, was truly swept up in this write. You use words so well!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laura Kate

5 Years Ago

Emma thank you so much! You are inspiring me.
emmajoy

5 Years Ago

It's alwas exciting to read new writers.. as my time is limited right now, 'have to rush in and out.. read more
I read it as two separated stories , the first is very gentle and intimate moments of lovers , which I loved so much , you know how to go into the details to create the intimacy and in few seconds , you let the reader dive into the situation , into the bedroom , the Privacy , like 30 seconds on a film .

The other part , made me think , I loved it so much , the walls behind the eyes are amazing idea.

Many times when you talk to a person , you feel that he or she is not 100% with you , sometimes they just listen and you feel by their eyes that they are not there with you , I would call it an unbalanced communication. You capture it so well , are there really a walls behind the eyes , can you have those walls even in the most intimate moments , when you need to be 100% with your lover but still , you are in other place , mentally.



Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laura Kate

5 Years Ago

Some of the greatest questions surrounding love, intimacy and connection. I had not thought about th.. read more
Planet x

5 Years Ago

if you are sensitive enough you find how you are connected through the eyes , one can play with body.. read more
What else can I say beside , I am addicted!

Not sure where to start even , its like you have an idea and you start to develop it in your head and you reach so many other areas of the human mind and you pack all your thoughts together , into a short story , and you release it ... knowing I would be there to read and capture and go deeper into the words and feel the power of them , not only behind the eyes , but behind your mind .



Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Laura Kate

5 Years Ago

What a fantastically powerful review - so intriguing that you recognise the thought processes as wel.. read more
Planet x

5 Years Ago

I added more , you are amazing writer

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 27, 2019
Last Updated on March 27, 2019
Tags: love, life, lust, relationships, chemistry, poetry, prose, romance, sex, lovers

Author

Laura Kate
Laura Kate

United Kingdom



About
Dreamer, reader and writer. more..

Writing
Pieces Pieces

A Poem by Laura Kate



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Your Mind Your Mind

A Poem by Lady Tyke