Understood

Understood

A Story by Laura Kate

'You're a sensitive flower, aren't you?'
She nodded. 
'And you know that you're a sensitive flower, don't you?'
'Yes', she replied.

A smile of relief tentatively spread from ear to ear, but her face looked more and more strained. Could this person she had only just met truly be seeing her for who she really is? She had given up hope that this would ever be possible. 

They sat opposite each other on either sides of the small table in between them, nodding in understanding and agreement. The silence was a silence Laura had come across only few times before in her life, and these times were all with her late-Grandad, Geoffrey. Somehow Geoffrey understood Laura, and all of the things she would be feeling, thinking and experiencing without ever needing to say it. Geoffrey was the first person to tell Laura that the colours and lights she would see glowing around items and around people was an aura, that very few people were about to see. Geoffrey helped Laura to feel that what she was experiencing didn't need to be scary or daunting, or weird, but actually it was a rare gift which she should actually be proud of. He had a way of making everything exciting. 

Here it was once again, that knowing silence, a whole body of communication transferred in just one look. The silence filled the room with a great weight of understanding which were the bricks being lifted off Laura's shoulders, one by one. Yet in this room Laura did not feel heavy, she felt as light as a feather - she couldn't remember the last time she felt so free. 

© 2019 Laura Kate


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1 View
Added on May 4, 2019
Last Updated on August 27, 2019

Author

Laura Kate
Laura Kate

United Kingdom



About
Dreamer, reader and writer. more..

Writing
Pieces Pieces

A Poem by Laura Kate