The dream's island

The dream's island

A Story by Loudjaine Bensalem
"

The idea of ​​the story came to me in a dream, people are stuck on an island and encounter adventures there, and the story ends with an unexpected ending, My first story..

"

    It was a hot day of August, I was with Mike and his two boring sisters, we were in the way to Australia by the airplane, we were hearing from time to time confused conversations come from the workers’ crew and seeing a strange looks in the flights attendant’s eyes. Suddenly Rosa said: “This trip looks boring! I wish if something exciting would happen. ”, Mike looked at her nervously and said: “We don’t need any excitement, all we need is to go and come back safely”, Mike is always tense in highs.

    I was trying to sleep when I heard a high voice saying: “Ladies and gentlemen, we have to tell you that the airplane engine is on fire, we are in the middle of the ocean, we’re trying to land safely in an isle, open up your seat belts, and be ready for the urgent landing.”

    Crying and shouting voices spread, I didn’t understand what’s happening, Scarlet started crying telling us: “Please! Tell me that I’m just dreaming.”  Mike was frozen, he didn’t say anything, fume was spreading around us, we were getting down slowly, but far from the isle! The high voice told us again: "Empty the airplane; we’re drowning in the water!”

    Some people started jumping into the sea, others were able to divide the flight’s wings and hold on to them, I was still sitting in my seat when Mike told me: “Hurry! Come ON!!!” Mike and I were able to swim but his sisters weren’t, I told him: “The bags! What about the  bags?!” We tried to bring them but we succeed to bring just two back bags. Rosa and scarlet found places in the wings, Mike and I started swimming, we were far from the land around 1 kilometer. I was cold and tired, but I didn’t stop, after 30 minutes we stand finally on earth, I was shivering. When finally all people arrived, someone screamed: “The pilot, he drown!” another cried: “No! My father” he was a 12 years old child, the poor son is stuck in an unknown isle lonely! After an hour, I remembered that our clothes are wet and we have others in the back bags, we changed them and started searching for something to eat, we found some coconut, it was crusty but we were hungry enough not to notice. We built a small ugly tent using tree’s papers.

    At night, we got together in our tent, Rosa told us: “Wow! We’re gonna live like Robinson Crusoe!” Scarlet replied: “If you can shut your mouth Rosa..” I asked Mike: “What’s we’re gonna do? The island is desolated and maybe there are wild animals, besides, how can we get back to Canada? I’m worried” He was stray in the void, barely listened to me, he answered succinctly: “I don’t know”.

    At the morning, I met one of our flight’s mates; she showed me an edible plant there, so I prepared some salad using it. When I come back to the tent I found Rosa still excited but Scarlet was sad, I was sure that she was thinking about her PhD defense that should be set up next week and it’s clear that she will miss it.

    We started to prepare equipment as burning fire and setting a big white flag to draw airplanes and ships passing near the island’s attention.

    In the days that followed, I used my hobby in drawing to push boredom; thank God I bought my pens and colours in my back bag. One day I was in my way to bring some water from a stagnant river when I heard babbling voices, they were monkeys! Climbing in the trees, I left the water bucket and followed them, I enjoyed spying on them, until I arrived at a huge cave, and what I saw made me shouted, 2 yellow ugly eyes started getting closer, It was a tiger, no! it was a strangely shaped tiger, with yellow eyes, pointed leather, nasty smell getting out of his mouth, notable yellow fangs, the word “ugly” is not enough to describe it! I unleashed my legs!

I was gasping for breath when I told Mike: “You won't believe what I saw!” I told him the complete adventure; seemingly, he wasn’t listening, he yawned and told me: “This island started affecting you, you are hallucinating, or maybe this is daydreaming!”

    Another day, I was painting as usual when I heard voices screaming, I got out quickly, It was a big ship in sight! My heart started beating strongly, are we going home? Unfortunately, they didn’t see us, many people were in tears, Scarlet was one of them, I told her tenderly: “Sure that’s what’s happening to us got to the media, don’t worry, someone will rescue us.”

    One week later, a voice was calling for us: “Wow! Come and see!” We ran out, we saw many journalists with their tools and many helicopters! The noise was widespread and people were happy. I could hear one of the journalists saying: “This island should have a special name!”; another said: “they will made you a legend”; a third said: “It will be a tourist island par excellence!” Some people were screaming; others were taking pictures, and some were narrating their experience and the story of their resistance as heroes in front of cameras. Suddenly, I heard a voice: “Helene! Helene!” I turned to see who is calling for me, It was my mom’s voice telling me: ”Helene! Wake up! It’s 10 am and you’re still sleeping, wake up, now!”

    Oh, I was in my room in my parent house in Toronto, The sun was shining from the window, and I’m 18 years old girl, non-married, and I will pass my final exams this week, I hate this fact!

     I searched in Google about the weird tiger, he’s real! His name is thylacine and he lives in Australia! At least my dreams contain something real.

    I was still lying down in my bed, thinking about the strangely shaped tiger, the blatant monkeys, and the dreams island.

© 2020 Loudjaine Bensalem


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very nice!! keep up this inspiring talent, great describe of personnages and placestimes, im looking forward to read more stories from you.
💜💜💜

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Loudjaine Bensalem

3 Years Ago

I'm happy you like it

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 19, 2020
Last Updated on September 19, 2020
Tags: Austalia, Canada, Iseland, dream, animals, tiger

Author

Loudjaine Bensalem
Loudjaine Bensalem

Canada



About
Hi, my name is Naushin Shaikh. I’m 20 years old. I always wanted to be a writer as I love writing. more..