When Your Life Starts to Change

When Your Life Starts to Change

A Story by JaceJordd
"

everything changed that day, i knew that my course of life would lead to this but I thought i could change it. Maybe someday it will be over and gone.

"

   The day that I wanted to put off for so long finally came, gym 4th period. I wanted to skip gym but I knew if I did I would only have to make class up after school or in the next gym class. This was the day that everyone dreaded, but mostly me. Life has always been hard. I workout and eat right but sometimes I eat the food that I shouldn't. Sometimes I don't eat at all. I knew that this would happen if I didn't try to stop it. I always thought that if I were skinny maybe life would be easier. This dreaded day came along and no one expected it. That day was the day we were told that we were going to be doing the Pacer Test.

 

   That day like any other A,C, or E day I got changed for gym. I made sure I tied my sneakers extra tight that day. I rolled my shorts over and over again to make sure they wouldn't get in the way. On this day I knew that because of my weight I would not make it very far in this test. We went out from the lockerroom to the gym. We stood in our attendence spots while the teachers made sure everyone was present. In those few moments when we were gathered in the middle of the gym as one big group I looked around. There were some people as big or bigger than me. I wasn't paying much attention to what the gym teacher was saying because I was too busy thinking. I had wanted to put this day off as long as I could and when it came I was anxious, scared, and relieved. I wanted this day to come to get it over with and when it did I was relieved, but I was scared at the same time. Soon enough we were lining up to start. I had remembered that one of my cheerleading coaches and told us to breathe in our nose and out our mouth.

 

   When the radio started I was getting nervous. I calmed down in a few minutes and soon I was fine. Then the radio track said," 3, 2, 1, Start!" I started jogging remembering to breathe in and out. I made it to the 14th lap and then I couldn't take it. I kept pushing myself but I was at the point where I could no longer breathe and I was about to collapse. I jogged back and got to the line but I walked right past it. I felt the pain in my chest as I tried to breathe in air. I was pretty mad at myself for giving up. I started crying and that made it harder to breathe. I went to the nurse and she told me that I had the symptoms of Asthma and Exercise Induced Asthma.

  This week I had gone to the doctors to get my Physical Exam for Cheerleading and I learned that I had to get an inhaler. I knew that this would happen and I knew why. I had always had trouble running but it was never this bad. That day I had first started to show the signs of Mild Asthma. Now I have an inhaler to help me when I run but sometimes I wonder if that is enough. I exercise alot and sometimes it leaves me wheezing, but as long as I have my inhaler I should be fine. I just wanted to share this story as something to be able to tell someone.

© 2010 JaceJordd


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

About the Pacer. I'm super skinny and can barely do it so it's not about your weight. About asthma...well I don't have it but I know a lot of people that do

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Added on July 7, 2010
Last Updated on July 7, 2010

Author

JaceJordd
JaceJordd

North Attleboro, MA



About
If you could read what goes through my mind, you wouldn't treat me the same* Jace; 18; Bruins; Cheer; Family more..

Writing
Dear Mom Dear Mom

A Story by JaceJordd


I'm Scared I'm Scared

A Story by JaceJordd