The Death Of

The Death Of

A Poem by Cynthia Yildirim
"

Ah, death what you do to me!! :)

"

 

 

The Death Of

 

It is an unforgiving darkness, shadows slithering on the walls of eternity, surrounded by irrelevant nonsense.

 

Searching I find none, lacking am I in a true preference for truth. It is damp, so damp and cold in my lonely world. My loneliness only comforted by my insanity. Pictures of the past escape haunting me daily. A dreary past that I wish to forget.

 

The death of me would be a blessing to some. Why bless them with my undue arrogance when I can bless them in the grave. They seek perfection in many finding it rarely, yet still they seek. I hid my perfections under my ignorance of such things as this. This thing they call life.

 

A thousand curses are upon me in my sleep and all my waking hours. Nonsense is this my few friends that I keep only for my amusement. Ignorance is upon them for my intent is hidden in my lust for the unclean. The unclean, a worried unforgiving often-cruel bunch. I seek those dark characters loathing in a clear contempt of their surroundings. A baby only makes them cry, rather than be filled with joy.

 

What is this I am after? Is it to roam endlessly in my own mind seeking the light, which has never shown for me? My heart not broken by love, but by this hate I feel seeping through my every vein.

 

Yet I sit here wondering aimlessly seeking something unknown to me. Love in is purest form never has existed, in the real world. I would call it a forced love. Forced by society to care whether or not this person or this one dies. I do not care if you die and rot. You are nothing to me. I am nothing to me.

 

So, I seep back down now into my dreary lonely nothingness. Only to be disturbed by the voices that haunt me, and the shadows that creep to comfort me.

 

 

Cynthia Yildirim


© 2008 Cynthia Yildirim


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

really inspired. I liked the flow and the way you use simple yet intricate wording here to really flow it together

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Added on February 18, 2008

Author

Cynthia Yildirim
Cynthia Yildirim

Florence, AL



About
Hi, I'm 28 and love to write and study the paranormal, I am a bit romantic. My book Garden Pleasures; A Book of Love & Life Poetry & Political Rants, is available on Amazon.com and BBOTW.com for purc.. more..

Writing