The Boy With Green Eyes

The Boy With Green Eyes

A Story by LovexMonet
"

What am I to you...

"

 I hadn't thought much in the line of romance involving you upon first meeting you.  And sure, I had the normal physical attraction because, let's face it... You're very handsome.  But I figured that I would never have a chance to open myself up to this guy, because he's too... Cool.  So I let it go, thinking nothing more on the matter until a few months later, late on a rainy night, when I happened to bump into you in the piano room.  Perhaps it was the time of night that made my mind go fuzzy... Or the strange weather we had been experiencing... But that night made me see you in a different light.

 

I sat beside you on the piano bench and watched as your fingers caressed the black and white keys, erupting beautiful noise to spring forth and for the moment, I was in a trance, wishing I could be the piano beneath your hands... That you would touch me like that.  But the moment ended when you stopped playing and turned to me, smiling.  And I remember that I was having a rough night, but your smile brightened it up.  I remember you asking me to play something for you, and so I did.  You made me nervous, because I could see out of the corner of my eye, that your eyes were on me.  And I hadn't realized before... But you had light green eyes...

 

From then on, I would always stop by whenever I saw you in the piano room, and I would listen to your voice as you sang... I would watch your fingers as you played... And I would allow myself to fall into a trance, my feelings for you, deepening from afar.  And when you would ask me to play, I would sing songs that spoke of love and caring for someone, and perhaps you didn't realize it then, but there were reasons why I chose to sing those songs... Why I chose to sing them around you... For you.

 

And I missed you over the summer vacation, listening to songs that you had played on the piano through the speakers of my car as I drove myself to see my friends.  They'd always ask me why I played the same music... But I could never let my guard down enough to tell them the truth of the matter.  And sure, I called you a few times over the vacation to say hello and see how you were doing, although it took a few shots of alcohol to muster up the courage to do so...

 

But now the break is over and I see you almost every day.  I continue to grow feelings for you... Deep feelings from which I am unsure I can pull myself out.  I call you to see how you're doing... To see if you'd like to play piano... For that is my only good reason for you to visit me...

© 2009 LovexMonet


Author's Note

LovexMonet
Story picture taken by self.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is really nicely written- quite a tranquil read.
The piano scene in your story kind of reminds me of scene similar to this in a novel called '' City of Bones".
I'm not sure if you've ever read or heard of the series, but it they're very good, and judging by this story you might like the ''City of Bones'' series.
Blah, blah, blah.
Anyway, this is really a pleasure to read.
You've managed to include a great deal of imagery yet provided through little descripition- which is a talent to be glad for.
I like this, a nice light read, I'd like to read the rest of the story sometime if it will be continued?

Well done,

>

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The way you write is intriguing, the way you place your words draws the reader in. I enjoyed your style immensly and was sad to find it finished. I hope you continue the story.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The best thing about this piece is that it's a subject matter with which many can identify. I liked your description and voice, and I like that it reads like a journal entry; it makes the read a little more personal. I too would like to know if the story will be continued. I certainly hope so. I'm really rooting for the narrator! ^_^ Nice job, regardless. (:

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really nicely written- quite a tranquil read.
The piano scene in your story kind of reminds me of scene similar to this in a novel called '' City of Bones".
I'm not sure if you've ever read or heard of the series, but it they're very good, and judging by this story you might like the ''City of Bones'' series.
Blah, blah, blah.
Anyway, this is really a pleasure to read.
You've managed to include a great deal of imagery yet provided through little descripition- which is a talent to be glad for.
I like this, a nice light read, I'd like to read the rest of the story sometime if it will be continued?

Well done,

>

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 6, 2009
Last Updated on September 9, 2009

Author

LovexMonet
LovexMonet

San Francisco, CA



About
Born and raised in Hawaii, I am now a sophomore in college attending USF to get my bachelors degree. I am currently striving to succeed in my major and minor: Graphic design and photo journalism. My.. more..

Writing