Goodbye..

Goodbye..

A Story by Loveylocks
"

This a short story I made!

"
"We need to talk" The words echoed around in my head as clutched the strap of my school bag, stomach churning. I walked briskly towards our secret meeting place among the pine trees. As I approached the tree line, I slowed down to a leisurely stroll. Inside, my heart pounded so loud anyone within twenty miles could probably hear it. I stopped when I saw him, I let out the breath I'd been holding for the last few minutes continuing forward.

He was leaning against the tree. Head lowered with his black hood pulled up tightly over his dark chestnut hair, protecting him the blustering mid January wind. As my boots crunched along the snow he glanced up, hazel eyes not showing their usually love and warmth. His cheeks were sunken in, the color of his face had seemed to been drained away. Tiredness pinched his face, the dark bags under his eyes clearly showed. "Emma, I just had to see you we really need to talk." He said in a low raspy voice. I looked up at him, placing a gentle hand on his cheek rubbing it with my thumb. "James.." I whispered the sight of him this way making me want to cry. "What happened?" He put a small shaking hand over my own burying his face into my palm.
"My last one, is gone."
"Then it's time. You know what to do."
He shook his head "no, no. We've grown to close. I can't." He turned his head away shedding a small tear. I took his chin and delicately turned his head to meet my eyes. "James. I love you, but this is why I'm here. It's why I was made." He nodded and pulled me in closer by my waist, he looked deep into my eyes leaning in. I closed my eyes as our lips touched. This is it,this is how my existence will end. The familiar metallic taste started to feel my mouth as he started to drain the last of my energy. I could feel my body growing weaker, with each breath I struggled to take he grew stronger. Our intertwined hands tingled with electricity as I pulled away. I looked into his eyes, the warmth had returned but was tainted with mournful sadness. I collapsed, my quivering legs not able to hold up my body any longer. He slid down the tree and cradled me in his arms as I laid there silent listening to howl of the wind. With the last bit of strength I had in me, l sat up and whispered in his ear "I will always be with you." As I exhaled my finale breath the world went black.

It was a quiet afternoon, the icicles danged off the pointed tips of the withered branches. The snow started to fall gently from the sky covering the ground in fresh white power. On the blustering wind a cry was carried, a cry of agony of tortious pain. The cry of lost beloved

© 2016 Loveylocks


Author's Note

Loveylocks
What do you think? Please point out any typos! Honest feedback please :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a good story. It does need some editing. I sent some corrections in a personal message, for you to consider.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 2, 2016
Last Updated on February 2, 2016

Author

Loveylocks
Loveylocks

Newark, DE



About
I love to write! It's a passion for me, I also love to sing. I've been writing since I knew how to. Tips and advice for writing and greatly appreciated and welcomed! I'm always looking for ways to imp.. more..

Writing