Twisting A Fairytale

Twisting A Fairytale

A Story by Lovingpizza
"

A lady driven into the prospect of marriage to save her father's finances. Apparently the Prince's ball created to find an unlucky maiden to break the curse is the perfect place. What is this curse?

"

Twisting A Fairytale


Full Summary: Curses, castles and courting nobles is definitely not her things. However with her father’s finance demands a marriage to a wealthy husband, the Prince’s ball seems to be the perfect occasions according to daddy dearest. Unfortunately her father didn’t take into account the fanatical bordering on sociopathic mind of his daughter. Well this is certainly going to be an interesting trip. Especially when a ball is being held to marry some unlucky maiden off to that cursed Prince. What is the curse you ask? Oh, you’ll just have to find out…


AN: Hope you like this and it doesn’t disappoint you too much!


Chapter 1


“Tahliya!” the booming voice of the greying man came echoing around the marble arched walls. “Tahliya where are you?”

 

The mentioned girl ruptured one of the many mahogany doors that lined the hallway. The action led her father to condescendingly raise an eyebrow at the disarrayed state that his daughter presented herself to him as.

 

Her skirt was ruffled into various creases that he was sure didn’t exist within the morn feast. Mud creeper up the bright dyed fabric however those doe eyes still managed to retain naïve innocence.

 

“Yes father” she said with a soft tone though her eyes were of a fierce auburn longingly staring out of one of Silverrain’s many windows in which the moors presented themselves in their rolling glory.

 

“Tahliya Rhiannon Silverrain” Lord Silverrain’s voice pierced her mind, shocking her into reality. “Attend the Sun Room at noon there is business to attend of…”

 

Her mind wandered of the silent cheering within her mind when she saw two stags fighting. Go Moosey go! No don’t take that, yeah hit him back, parry Moosey, PARRY!

 

Oh, the Sun Room? The room was carved by the fae, designed to filter the sun’s light into a spectrum of rainbows with vines battling with the willow to command the fortress of light. It was withheld for the most important of events though at the moment her mind was on another tangent.  

 

“Father, what about my studies?” her father gave an exasperated look and then pushed her on her way to join Finn.

 

Pushing through the boundaries of soft silk curtains into the clearing in which the adolescent childhood friend stood impatiently tapping his foot. Launching onto his back she wrapped her arms around his neck only to be thrown backwards onto the unforgiving forest floor.

 

“Urgh” followed by an unintelligible mumble passed through the broken heap of the girl.

 

“Taylin!” the boy shouted yanking her up with her arm as leverage, “what do you think you are doing?”  but she merely looked up at him with puppy eyes ignoring the dull ache in her arm.

 

He progressed to a rambling lecture in which a pretty butterfly captured her attention. Mockingly it landed on the grass beside her. Jumping she pounced on her prey. Encasing the winged being in her hands. Victory!

 

“Taylin!” Finn shouted once again, shaking her. The butterfly escaped but as she looked up she realized that the escaped captive was not her only problem. The famed short temper of Finn revealed itself in the growing blush that painted his features.

 

Squealing she flocked to a sturdy tree. “Argh don’t kill me!” she screamed seeking refuge in the precious few seconds that Finn granted her in self restraint. However he was soon approaching the tree and the danger and fury was now imminent for the little lady.

 

He scaled the tree with stone cold determination that didn’t make Taylin trust his intentions. Instead she ripped out the dagger she got for her birthday from its leather sheath. Cutting off a nearby branch she lunged the leafy end at his face. A hand grabbed her ankle and the tickled Finn pulled her down as he lossed grip with the trunk. 

 

Falling on top of the giggling boy and somehow knowing she was forgiven for her heinous crime against the Steward’s son she burst out laughing. However this only simmered the rage still rippling within Finn.

 

“Woe! My poor knight, would you forgive this untried maiden who has turned clumsy with nervousness?” Combined with her overly dramatic movements and wild gestures that ended with her hand curved gracefully on her forehead the sight cracked a small smile on Finn’s face.

 

“Milady, you have been forgiven. Don’t haunt me with tears of sorrow my dear princess” he replied with a peculiar ease of the feigned passion. The both fell to the floor once again rolling on their backs like toppled bugs. Gleaming at the clouds that were lacklustre in comparison to the pearly faces dabbed with glee.

 

Hours passed by in which Finn practiced/ made her look like a fool during the various self defence exercises. Let’s just say that crossbow isn’t her forte and that bunny damn well deserved it. Did you see how it was twitching its nose? It was asking for it. Anyway ears aren’t essential. It’s got another one. I think. Well, its was running away.

 

Plus the fact the native evil fluorescent bunnies aren’t essential to the eco-system. Yes I did say fluorescent and evil. Though everyone ignores my theory they cannot disapprove it. I have seen it all. The end, the apocalypse with those bunnies being the true destroyers.  

 

As the sun shone down on the long iron end of the sword that dangled dangerously in front of her she looked up, sweat beads trickling rapidly down her face and saw the invisible clock hands and the alarm clock in her head rang raucously.

 

Flinging down her sword she lifted her skirt to sprint to the Sun Room that obviously lay on the other side of Silverrain Manor. Those bunnies were an omen of bad luck she was sure of it. Tracing the corridors of the marble arches and hearing the echoes of her footfalls which warned all of the servants of the possible impact that would come from the hazardous skidding of the young lady.

 

Puh Lady, that term made her want to vomit on the cliché roses that lay outside her room. Bursting through the glass door of the Sun Room she felt an odd sense of déjà vu when her father looked upon her with even more horror than in the morn. If that was possible.

 

The familiar face of her father’s advisor came to light under the red light. Coincidental, she always hated him. When she was little she would throw stones at him and put mud pies on his seat at dinner. The silent feud actually grew with her summers and overtime they had taken a vow to get rid of the other so they would never grace the halls of Silverrain.

 

“Father?” she asked questionly knowing her father knew about the raging hate between the two. “What is the manner of this?”

 

“Taylin, we will be going to the Prince’s Ball” before I could form the what word, “The future of Silverrain needs this Taylin” oh trying to butter her up was he with the nickname. This meant something big and bad.

 

“What do you want?” she asked suspiciously as the advisor actually smile.

 

“You, Tahliya Rhiannon Silverrain are to marry.”

 

See, definitely the bunny’s fault. Stupid karma!


She was getting married to an evil old King and she could to nothing about that. Jokes hehe this is your author and just to let you know I do have an idea for this story though I would really appreciate reviews though I thank those who bothered to read this. I know it’s not amazing and slightly bizarre but it’s the only way I know how to write.


To clear things up Taylin is Tahliya Rhiannon Silverrain’s nickname.

Anyway again, thank you. Reviews are appreciated if you have time.  I am a youngling to this site.

© 2012 Lovingpizza


Author's Note

Lovingpizza
Please could you give me constructive critism if you don't like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
Added on May 24, 2012
Last Updated on May 24, 2012
Tags: Prince, Curse, Lady, Evil steward, bunnines, Ball, Silverrain

Author

Lovingpizza
Lovingpizza

Sunningdale, Berkshire, United Kingdom



About
Location: Minas Tirith Gender: Female Personality: Hopefully happy with spells of optimism and hyperness. Book: Lord of the Rings, House of Night, Northern Lights, Percy Jackson more..