My Angel

My Angel

A Poem by Lowesy

Next to me lies an angel, so beautiful and quiet.

She sleeps with long, drawn breaths and her nose sometimes wrinkles as she dreams.

Her blond hair is scattered on the white pillow and her brown eyes are hidden behind the thin veil of skin with long lashes.

The sheet that covered her has partially been kicked off during the hot night; her womanly shape is silhouetted by the morning’s sun creeping up the window like ivy climbing a wall.

I find myself stroking the soft skin of her hand as it lies on my bare chest. Our legs are tangle like the roots of an ever lasting tree.

The smell of her hair captures my senses and pulls me in, an exotic mixture of sweet fruit.

My arm is wrapped around her; I give her a slight squeeze.

Her eyes flicker open and she yawns but ends with a smile, dimples appear in her cheeks and the corners of her eyes crease a little.

She looks up at me; her deep brown eyes look like endless pits in which I fall. I let out the longest sigh.

I don’t believe in God. But I do believe in angels.

© 2011 Lowesy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very romantic piece. Well written... with gentle emotions of love. Nice write! I like it alot.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


Absolutely loved this. Beautiful.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 1, 2011
Last Updated on December 2, 2011
Tags: bed, love, angel
Previous Versions

Author

Lowesy
Lowesy

United Kingdom



About
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFailedMusicians?feature=mhee www.twitter.com/authorlowes I'm back with avengance! Read, Review.....something else that begins with 'R' RR's are on for now but .. more..

Writing
The End The End

A Poem by Lowesy


Jack Jack

A Poem by Lowesy


She She

A Poem by Lowesy