When the Stars went Out

When the Stars went Out

A Story by Lauren Grace
"

" They're rising, yet some still don't have homes" Imagine being so small and hopeless, you couldn't see the stars. Not anymore!

"
Why? Why do they shine? Why do the stars shine? I had wondered that for years. Many years of that question echoing in my mind. I had been across every single explanation but none more realistic then yours. None more true then yours. None more sad then yours. If I'm to thank you enough, I'll have to start from the beginning. The day I met you. 
It was cloudy. Dark. Haunting. Like the world was feeling my sadness. It's funny that way. No one  could see it. How disappointed the world was. No one could see how disappointed I was. I guess that's why I was running. Towards my bridge. Towards peace. Where no one could ague with the way I held my knife and fork or tell me to sit straighter than my back could take. That would be life. Then I stopped. In the middle of the path in everyone's way, not that anyone was ever behind me. No one was ever with me. Friends had abounded their hopes to understand me years ago. I was Lucy the Loner. That made me tough enough to withstand everything. Everything including the bitter, teared up path that my feet wanted to smash. Everything including the sight of my bridge. Every day a building started rising, my bridge turned into more of a shadow. It was still beautiful though. Vines clung up the huge concrete towers that kept it from collapsing over its own weight. It was strong, even stronger then me. I edged closer to the bridge and pretty soon I was in its shadow. Inside a shadow of a shadow was where I'd always wanted to be. Not noticed, to blend in. But it's hard to blend in when no one can even see like you. Also it's even harder when your Dads rich. When your Dads tearing down old bridges like these to make new ones. Then I heard it. A simple gasp that made me turn. Turn to you, to see huge brown eyes gaping over at me. You made me stop breathing. You made me stumble back off the gravel path and down the small slope of caramel rocks, just stopping at the edge of the river. You made it hurt. You made it go black.

© 2012 Lauren Grace


Author's Note

Lauren Grace
Please feel free to give a reveiw. Remember I'm young so critism is exactly what I need. Also if your interested tell me and I'll post a bit more of the story. I have to admit that this is defiantly not one of my strongest writing pieces but I haven't actually had any writing lessons at school yet or anything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on November 5, 2012
Last Updated on November 5, 2012
Tags: Young Writer, start of the story

Author

Lauren Grace
Lauren Grace

Brisbane, QLD, Australia



About
I'm a super young writer (12) buts its always been my dream, since I remember to write. My stories are usually quite deep and mainly for young adults. I just want to express my thoughts to the world a.. more..