The First Moon Landng

The First Moon Landng

A Story by LuLuIcey

I love USA. Always. I raise the USA flag and plug in into the moon surface. The flag is waving in front of the whole world’s television. We, USA is the first one to land on the moon!


But that’s a hoax. The story started about 2 years ago.


“Neil Armstrong, Michal Collins, and Edwin Aldrin, congratulations! You all will be the responsible for the first moon landing mission!” shouted James, the commander who was responsible for the first moon landing, “You are the greatest heroes of the 20th century!”


I couldn’t believe I was responsible for the MOST shocking event in human history! The FIRST moon landing! The FIRST human to step on a planet in space!


“Em…sorry for disturbing. All the Apollo 11 mission crew members will need to meet at the conference room 6pm today.” continued James, “Please be punctual.”


This must be the first briefing session about rockets and spacesuit and  our post…Everything that we will handle in the mission! I couldn't stop jumping around the hall and having high-fives in the corridor!


I was overexcited, but just for about 3 hours.


“We are NOT going to the moon. The whole process will be captured in a Hollywood studio.” bawled James, “I am sorry to all the crew members who will be responsible for the Apollo mission.”


We were in shock. I couldn't believe it! Why? Why were we PRETENDING to be the first one who land on the moon?


“I couldn't get it!” I snapped, “Why do we need to make it a hoax! We are Americans! The police of the world!”


“The government commended NASA that we need to send a spacemen to moon and land them safely. The government also requested that we need to complete the mission before 1970 in order to surpass Russia in space technology.  The Apollo 11 mission is, just a part of the space race with Russia. It wasn't my idea of to make these all a hoax!” James explained.


I wasn't satisfy with the answer. Should I consider this as national secrecy USA or stand up and tell the truth to the whole world?


I chose to be silent. After 2 years’ training at NASA, we were ready for the “first moon landing”. On July 18, 1969, Apollo 11 blast into the space, but we, the spacemen, were left behind. “You are going to attach wires,” commended James, “And we, the background crews are going to capture the video in slow motion camera, so the landing will be realistic when your actions are in 2 times slow motion. However, all you need to jump higher in order to pretend in Moon’s gravity.”


“Okay, I will try my best!” I exclaimed. For the sake of my beloved motherland, there was no way for me to reveal the real situation. The first astronaut who successfully landed the moon was and is always Neil Armstrong! There will be no way changing it!


The “travelling” took 2 days and we finally arrived our “destination”. When we were preparing our spacesuit, Aldrin asked in front of the cameras, “Armstrong, can you be the first one to land? I am too nervous to be the first one!”


“Okay,” I replied as the whole world was watching, “Gotta go soon.”


I lifted the handle and pushed the door. A cool breeze passed through my suit since the “sun” was behind me. “Turn on the spotlight!” ordered James, who was busy with setting up the background.


James was trying hard, so I couldn't let the team down! I put my feet out, and climbed down to the surface.


“One small step for a man, one giant step leap for a mankind.” I shouted. I could hear roaring in the NASA headquarters and celebrations at home. Although it was all a hoax, it was great to cheer up the world.


I raise the USA flag above my head, then stable it in the Moon’s surface. “We, USA, is the first one landing on the moon!”


The flag is waving, like USA citizens waving their hand above their head. This flag, showed that our motherland, USA, is the very first one stepped on Moon surface!


I am proud to make this decision. The supporting wires worked great for lifting me up, with James’ slow-mo movie made the mission a success. People were staring at their TVs while we are just making up a story. All in all, the “mission” is too perfect that no one will ever found a mistake.


Years past, and I am guilty now. What if someone finds the wires lifted me in order to make me jump higher? What if they recognize the slow motion camera? What if they find the whole mission weird?


Whenever I am looking towards the sky, watching stars twinkling above the atmosphere, I will never forget, and I can never forget the darkness in my soul. I want to change my decision, but I couldn't.

 

© 2015 LuLuIcey


Author's Note

LuLuIcey
It is Just a historical fiction. I didn't mean it Must be a hoax or what...just a boarder-line between true and hoax.
Please ignore all the grammatical mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
Added on March 24, 2015
Last Updated on March 24, 2015

Author

LuLuIcey
LuLuIcey

About
Well, I am new and I love to write everything in my life,ecspecially about the society. I am an extraordinary girl, in my writings, I am Sky.To be honest, that is my friend' nickname~~BFF That's a.. more..

Writing
Why? Indeed. Why? Indeed.

A Story by LuLuIcey


I'm Out I'm Out

A Story by LuLuIcey


Death Death

A Story by LuLuIcey