It Was an Accident

It Was an Accident

A Screenplay by Eclectic

  • Interviewer
  • (Sitting down across from the boy, sets a clipboard, recorder and pencil down. Turns recorder on)
  • "Was it anger? Frustration? What drove you to do such a thing?"

  • "Jake"
  • (Letting out a heavy sigh)
  • "It was an accident."

  • Interviewer
  • "You keep saying that but.. What happened?"

  • "Jake"
  • (rubs face)
  • "I don't exactly remember everything.. But I remember that I woke up in the morning, fixed myself a cup of tea and sat on the couch.. My step mother came down, nagged about something I had "forgotten" to do then went to make herself breakfast..
  • At this point I had really had enough. I was ready to tell her what was on my mind. I prepared myself for confrontation, walked into the kitchen and washed my cup. As I was washing she turned to me, as if nothing had happened and told me I needed to "up my game and pull my own weight." I paused and looked at her; since she had moved in, I developed a teeth grinding problem.. Anyway, as she went on and on about my "lack of responsibility" really, all I could do was sit, grind my teeth a bit and nod.
  • These last few months with this woman had been stressful.. She was always constantly putting me down, criticizing me and turning my other family members against me. She was never a pleasure to be around, unless of course she was with my father. All fake smiles and joys.
  • Back to the story, she just kept talking and talking.. And... The more she spoke, the more I could feel this burning sensation in my chest.. I wanted to hit something, tell her to shove it.. But... That's not what happened."

  • Interviewer
  • "I see... What else do you remember?"

  • "Jake"
  • (moves head in an unsure motion)
  • "Her voice seemed to have drifted into a low mumbling.. Somewhat of a gurgle. I couldn't make it out, not that I was trying to. All I could think about... Was.. Making her shut up. Making her stop.."

  • Interviewer
  • "You killed her."

  • "Jake"
  • (voice raises; sharp tone)
  • "I couldn't control myself or my actions... My body moved on its own.. I grabbed whatever was closest to me which just so happened to be the curraf.. I tried to stop at one.. But... After the first blow. I was just consumed with anger. Before I realized what I had done, my father ran in.."

  • Interviewer
  • "Is that when you killed your father.
  • "Jake":Yes. He ran and grabbed the phone. I knew that if I were to get away with this, I'd need to eliminate all evidence and witnesses. I grabbed a steak knife out of the drawer and went after him."

  • Interviewer
  • "Okay.. I've heard all I need."

  • "Jake"
  • Now laughing maniacally 

  • Interviewer
  • "What?"
  • "Jake"
  • Grabbing the object closest to, swings at the interviewer

© 2015 Eclectic


Author's Note

Eclectic
There are quotations around Jake/s name because it is a temporary name, it is simply a place holder until I think of another one.

Not sure what to do with this..

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
Added on November 19, 2015
Last Updated on November 19, 2015
Tags: murder, murderer, script, experimental

Author

Eclectic
Eclectic

MT



About
I am not sure what to put here. I suppose I'll state a few facts. I am a horror fanatic(among others), I fancy comics, and I play video games a little too competitively. I love scaring people, I also.. more..

Writing
Empty Empty

A Story by Eclectic