The Seasons Of My Life

The Seasons Of My Life

A Story by Lucy Tomkinson
"

The Seasons Of My Life: Autumn and Spring. My english teacher told me to put this online as it would have given me an A. It was only homework and he persuaded me to share it.

"

Autumn.

The rain began to cascade upon the season yet to come, the rain singing its ‘pitter patter’ song as it fell against the landscape underneath it. Leaves fell against the ground lightly, the weight of the solemn tear drops from the crying sky cracking their fragile skins. The dark clouds above me haunted me as I walked through the blanket of shattered leaves, colours of bleeding red, golden yellow and dirty brown lighting up the dull earth.

The wind grabbed the leaves with extreme force as it howled through the open air, the leaves being forced to perform their autumn dance. The leaves twisted and turned through the air with delicacy, the wind controlling their every move as they rose higher and lower during their group routine.

The delicate leaves fell upon the lake lightly, shadows being cast from the trees above, the trees shedding their leaves ready for the coldest season of the year. The rain crashed against the shedding trees as the day would go by, the rain giving a wet, shiny coating to the trees and their leaves as the rain drops would rest upon the dying bark, the leaves clinging on for their lives that were barely worth living.

As I walked beside this lake, my feet stepped upon the dying leaves that were decomposing upon the ground, their bodies crumbling as their tender, crisp bones were no match for my weight. Drenched birds flew overhead frantically, their wet feathers weighing them down as they tried with all their might to fly away, their journey seeming to become hopeless as the rain would soak them completely.

The wind made the trees cry for the hunger of sunshine, their desperation becoming tantrums of frustration. Their cries echoed louder than the wind, the tantrums getting out of control as the branches swayed from side to side wildly. Their souls slowly sinking to the dark depths of autumn.

Sad dark days they were. Very sad indeed.

Spring.

The spring of my life was a bright and happy part of it. The sun illuminated light upon the dark days of my life: bringing new, fresh feelings to my mind.

Clear paths slithered through woods full of budding trees. Leaves that managed to survive the dark days of autumn and winter had gained their green colour back. The trees smothered souls full of darkness turned into souls full of light, their branches held high as they stood triumphantly, catching the sunlight to gain nutrition.

Lady bugs scuttled along the leaves of plants, their red shells standing out above the greenness of the grains of grass, their little black legs hurrying them along. Bumble bees flew past my ears and onto the new flowers, quickly withdrawing nectar and food to make honey before any other creature would take it. Birds sang as they sat above me in their nests, new born birds chirping for juicy worms so they can be strong and healthy for when they learn to fly.

There were sunshine yellows, greens and multi coloured buds scattered across the landscape, new life filling the atmosphere with cries of freedom and joy. The refreshed blue skies followed me as I would stroll slowly through the blossomed woods, archways of budding trees stretching to one another above me, their branches and leaves tangling together so they could all be as one.

Daffodils held their heads high as I would walk through the colourful woods, many of them still being bulbs underground. The birds sang their spring time song as the children of the season sprang into life, the lambs especially showing the mood of spring time as they leapt after one another with happiness.

Very bright, happy days they were. Very happy indeed.

© 2012 Lucy Tomkinson


Author's Note

Lucy Tomkinson
My best of best work!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on August 31, 2012
Last Updated on August 31, 2012
Tags: Seasons Rain Autumn Summer Engli

Author

Lucy Tomkinson
Lucy Tomkinson

Stoke-On-Trent, United Kingdom



About
Lucy Tomkinson. 15 years old. I love to write stories, especially fantasy and science fiction stories :3 I am very sporty and I have a very big career in rugby? ;P Please view my new story You're .. more..

Writing
Ben. Ben.

A Story by Lucy Tomkinson


Blurb Blurb

A Chapter by Lucy Tomkinson