Death rides a White Horse

Death rides a White Horse

A Story by Luchia Noname
"

short story about a girl and death

"

I was born with one purpose, to be used as a sacrifice for one in which I hate... All I ever thought was, why do I have to die for this b*****d.

As a child I was brought by the place I would die when I turned 16, I was to be kept from the world, and alone till I die. yet despite this, one came from the light into the dark with me, a white horse...

He was my savior, little to know what would happen later.

Three days before I am to die they prep me... bathing me in lavender, dressing me in silk's, placing red on my lips... The one thought that came to mind "Red... the color of blood soon to be mine on the floor yet they hasten there movements."
next came the markings~ markings, as if I would need them my body will be taken, I doubt that 'Death' cares if I have them after its all said and done you would never know.

My maids, who have known me for yearsm act as if they never once cared for me as a human. My own mother, never once looked me in my face, never touching my hand, never holding me in her warm arms... I began to feel as if she had no love to give.

Three days? Three days to live, just wondering if 'Death' would love me, as my mother never has. I counted the days that went by, then at last I counted 'Three'... I was hours away from my death... just then, The man who I was dying for, had cometo my room, he walks up to where I sat...
Words came out of his mouth, but I was trying not to pay attention, for they were painful to hear... he said "You look decent enough, I am surprised that 'Death' even wants someone like you. But you should smile you are giving your life away for me." he said with a grin on his face.

lord knows I wanted to slap him so hard and tell him what I thought, but that would cause more problems, so all I did was stand from my chair and walked from the room to where my 'White' horse had been, he was always there for me when I needed him.

"That arrogant jerk!" I said while hugging 'White's' neck.
He rubbed his nose on the back of my head, I could tell he didn't like all the perfumes coming from me, but he still let me embrace him with love...


with less than an hour to my death, theyhad begun to put the final touches on me, placing a crown on my head, a cloak on my shoulders, some vanilla perfume on my neck, and a pair of glass heels...

Off we went into the woods, I had always seen this place from my window, before my departure i wanted nothing more then to see 'White', but, I was not aloud to see 'White' before I left. but while passing one of the stable men, they had been chatting and were saying that he was gone... this hit me hard and to the core. I began to fill with anger and loneliness; not only was I going to die now, but alone without my friend.

My mother walked me to the platform, and turned back without hesitation, everyone was there just waiting, some were beginning to get fearful of what was going to happen next...
but Night was coming around the hill; minutes away 'Death' was coming. Coming for me...

I closed my eyes and looked to the sky no moon, no light, to send me off, no 'White'...
the more I thought about it, the more I felt like crying and no one would care, but I knew this was my future and I had accept it now...

The sound of hooves, hitting the hart ground was coming from the hills. Starring straight ahead There coming from the darkness 'Death', but wait...
"Death is riding a White horse!" I shouted.
not just any White horse MY white horse, My friend was 'Deaths' partner...

shocked I wanted the scream, falling to my knees placing my head in my hands to cry... 'Death' jumped from his horse to the ground in front of me the one's behind me had began to back away, ready to run, some had already fainted while others fell in fear...
Yet I stood to my feet and whipped my tears from my face walking to 'death' I wanted to see his face, I wanted to touch his skin, and embrace him...

stepping forward, while others stepped back, I reached for his face he back way from me. Looking behind me everyone had left running away from him. as if he were the plague yet in reality he was just a lonely man. like myself. He gave in and let me remove his hood...
Underneath was, just a man... who has faced hard times his whole life he had an arm of bone no flesh, yet I was not afraid, looking to my right 'White' had walked to us I placed my hand on 'Deaths' face and he embraced me he was cold yet it didn't matter... I was just happy that someone was touching me for a change.

after a few minutes he let go and picked up placing me on the horse and he jumped behind me holding me and the reins we rode off into the night without looking back I wanted to just once but I held it in... I had the man that I was supposed to love and be with and my friend...

all that I have to tell is~
"Death Rides A White Horse"                            

© 2013 Luchia Noname


Author's Note

Luchia Noname
there is some lang. but only a word nothing to fret over and i wrote this thinking what would happen if 'Death' fell in love?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Outstanding work. I loved the story and the way it flowed. "Underneath was just a man..."..xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very profonding write. You held my attention captive till the very end. Kind of the way the girl was captive all he life for just one purpose to fall in love with death... Intriging.xoxo

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
Wow, this was... amazing. I REALLY loved it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1404 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 27, 2011
Last Updated on January 7, 2013
Tags: death, horse, girl, women

Author

Luchia Noname
Luchia Noname

WV



About
I love Anime and Manga, it is pretty much my life, i read and watch a lot of them, some of my fav animes r- bleach, naruto, carcaptor, black cat, shugo Chara, mermaid melody, soul eater, kaidan rest.. more..

Writing