Ideals For Tennessee

Ideals For Tennessee

A Poem by Lucifer Jones
"

ramblings again... always with a purpose and destination.

"
     I am real and I am true. True to myself and my heart. Most people live their lives, a facade. Their real thoughts and lives buried beneath a platform of lies built from fear. Afraid of their own truth. Afraid of their own thoughts. Afraid of what they feel. 'I cannot be different.' Stuff it down. Shove it into a box in the attic and proclaim loudly, 'Look at me! I'm so much like you!' Didn't even paint daisies or purple monkeys on the box did you?
     F**k... you gonna change your name to Jones too? Gotta keep up. What do you mean you like the Toyota Thing from 1977? Better get a Kia and buy Taylor Swift  songs for your i-phone5. LOL... OMG... WTF?
     These are the people that will smile at their best friend just before thrusting the knife deep into his back for their own gain or out of their own fears. 'Sorry love. Better luck next time.'  'You remind me a teensie bit too much of the s**t I have hidden somewhere.'  'Isn't Taylor Swift the bestest?'
     There is something to be said for the nature of things. The true nature of things. Not what society would have you believe is natural. Nature... beasts. After all that is what we all are. Loving, thinking, feeling beasts. And every one of us is different. Here to make our own little corner of the world we inhabit, better. 'See my box! I painted purple monkey's and pasted on chartreuse piping! I don't ever get in it though. You made it too f*****g small for me! But it's pretty now! SEE?!'  You there frowning... Can you correct me? I think not. Now go sit in the f*****g corner. Don't make me call out the poo flinging monkeys. You shall have no pudding! I said NO PUDDING!!!
     It boils down to this... A lion springs from cover and roars at the point of attack. Revealing herself and becoming vulnerable for the moment. Snakes slither along in silence. Slinking and hiding before springing suddenly to sink toxic fangs into unsuspecting flesh. I would be a lion. Will you roar?

© 2013 Lucifer Jones


Author's Note

Lucifer Jones
Disclaimer; I in no way mean to disparage the reputation of Taylor Swift. I am actually rather fond of a couple of her songs... She was merely the first product of the 'cheese machine' to pop in to my head. And we all no she is exactly that. (If you don't, yeesh... Please don't read anything else and get out of my sandbox.) So, please do not attack me based on that facet of this piece. Or my fondness of purple or monkeys. It's my box! Thank you and have at it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can't have pudding? And if teeth sank into my flesh....you best bet I'd be screaming not roaring. You couldn't have been more politically correct. Society is fake. But despite feeling that way we often feel forced to cave to the norms...I have too...otherwise I would be fired from work...ousted from family...rejected by friends. Ooops...guess that's why I have few friends...I am too much to handle...too outspoken. I don't try to fix what is not already broken.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lucifer Jones

10 Years Ago

And true family and friends would have us no other way than we are... Yeah, my boat is rather shy a .. read more
Muse

10 Years Ago

:))

hot or cold...I will make it my finger food. ;)



Reviews

I can't have pudding? And if teeth sank into my flesh....you best bet I'd be screaming not roaring. You couldn't have been more politically correct. Society is fake. But despite feeling that way we often feel forced to cave to the norms...I have too...otherwise I would be fired from work...ousted from family...rejected by friends. Ooops...guess that's why I have few friends...I am too much to handle...too outspoken. I don't try to fix what is not already broken.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lucifer Jones

10 Years Ago

And true family and friends would have us no other way than we are... Yeah, my boat is rather shy a .. read more
Muse

10 Years Ago

:))

hot or cold...I will make it my finger food. ;)
Good question isn't it? I think we all have both sides...we will slither and remain silent and also roar at the right time...takes time to release the self from the prison of so called reality...what we are all taught is "real".

We are all herded and governed, somewhere between the lines, we do have to seek our own reality and our own nature. I tried to speak this is my spoken word "Welcome to Dajjal".

I liked this a lot...courageous and powerful!

x

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lucifer Jones

10 Years Ago

Thank you so very much... Valued words friend.
Ruth

10 Years Ago

My pleasure hon x
I'm chuckling at the disclaimer - it says near enough what your work did... clear and even with examples.

"I am not worthy, I am not worthy, I am not..." quite a mantra for so many and yet it's also more than mere words inside them. And the other lost little sheeples running in packed circles - being free(?) - yet don't dare trip even once or they get run over. They do shoot the messenger man, duck well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lucifer Jones

10 Years Ago

Many, many years training... ducking and dodging. I thank you for the warning my friend. "Sheeples"... read more
Holy s**t. Ha ha ha. This was funny. I see your point i get it. Note taken. It did make me smile.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lucifer Jones

10 Years Ago

Good. "Will you roar?"... I sure hope so. You do it very well.
purple monkeys with no pudding... my goodness.. you have done a good job of sticking to your point as you let your mind ramble into the white space.. I had to smile a couple of times..

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lucifer Jones

10 Years Ago

Thank you... stop by for ramblings and coffee anytime.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

459 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 31, 2013
Last Updated on October 31, 2013

Author

Lucifer Jones
Lucifer Jones

IL



About
Founder of "The Deviant Coalition" I write the way I speak... Scary, huh? I present my mindless ramblings as I have done in many other forums for years. I don't call it poetry, but that seems to be .. more..

Writing