Dark a.m.

Dark a.m.

A Poem by Lucifer Jones
"

ramblings...

"
     I can't breathe with you lying next to me. Your smell in my head... your whispers in my lungs... your taste on my tongue. Lies as sweet as candy. I swallow them eagerly... and scream aloud. It tears and burns.
     You strip the light from me. The sun, moon and stars... blown out. Not even a flickering candle to guide... But in the dark I can hear your heart beat. So the darkness I become. How fast is the speed of darkness?
     I can wrap my arms around you... Lose myself inside you. Lose my body... my mind... my self... Music and words... There is no time. I'll soon be choking on my mind.
     If words could only be true enough... I'm speaking to someone somewhere in the dusk. So I stay in the darkness. In the dark... In my dreams... I am in love with you.

© 2013 Lucifer Jones


Author's Note

Lucifer Jones
Just my ramblings... Have at it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

More than ramblings.
An honest approach and heart to a most puzzling and complex situation. There is insight here though of living it and acceptance which can help if we let it.
Wonderful piece x

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lucifer Jones

10 Years Ago

You are too kind and again I thank you for inspiration and hope... And many smiles!
Ruth

10 Years Ago

Welcome hon x
This is definitely not ramblings. I like the darkness in this poem, and there is alot of that, but also something more too.
It reminds me of "Cosmic Love" by Forence and the Machine.
It was easy to read, very refreshing and different.
Very well done! ^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lucifer Jones

10 Years Ago

Glad you enjoyed... Thank you so much!
Bluefire

10 Years Ago

No problem! :3
"How fast is the speed of darkness?"
epic line!
I like your ramblings, they are familiar in my mind.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lucifer Jones

10 Years Ago

Thank you!
This reads like a Shakespearian excerpt from a book. Incredibly romantic and dark. The ending just sums it all up so beautifully. The frustration of not being able to breathe, I think we all feel like a fish out of water some days...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lucifer Jones

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much...
I understand this one...feel it, felt it, lived ...it

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lucifer Jones

10 Years Ago

Nice to see you friend. And always a pleasure to have you reading in my study. Thank you.
For what it's worth I think your words are more than just ramblings. I like your comparisons.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lucifer Jones

10 Years Ago

Thank you Tenn... That means a lot coming from you.
Tennessee

10 Years Ago

Anytime mr. angel of darkness :)
Wow, beautiful and dark. No wonder you call yourself Lucifer..

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lucifer Jones

10 Years Ago

And thank you for stopping by. Glad you appreciated it. I actually adopted that pen name(not to show.. read more
Wendy Karasin

10 Years Ago

My pleasure, and you feel free to stop by as well.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 10, 2013
Last Updated on November 10, 2013

Author

Lucifer Jones
Lucifer Jones

IL



About
Founder of "The Deviant Coalition" I write the way I speak... Scary, huh? I present my mindless ramblings as I have done in many other forums for years. I don't call it poetry, but that seems to be .. more..

Writing