New Ground?

New Ground?

A Poem by Lucifer Jones
"

Rambling run on sentence ponderings of memories... With bad punctuation Poem?

"
    Today feels much like yesterday... You wont take it with you? I feel the magic taken out of our dream. To surrender means exactly that... to surrender. To aquiesce... Not to lay back and plot... If words could only be true enough. If days could only last. I wrap my arms around memories and lose myself in song. Music and words that I love too much. I have learned to undress you without my hands... nor my eyes... Anger and unwept tears swept aside with so much dust. I miss... I miss you the most when I sleep... Darkness and despair settle on my chest. The weight of long time friends bearing a bottle of revelation. Shot love? I hate your beautiful way.
     Condemned another day. Nothing here is how I left it. If I had never named him you could say it wasn't so. Wipe the slate clean and erase time. Who might he have been? What songs might he have sung? I hear his laugh... do you? A smile that spent more time inside the womb than out. I play Jacob again. I have places to go... I know it. But I wander blackened streets that all bear your name and lead me back to you. And still there is nothing I would rather do. You are so beautiful... you made me beautiful. Darkness and light... Sun and shadow... You can't have one without the other... So how can I exist without you? I am cast by you. Each day a chance to be cast anew... Dipped in God and warm oblivion... upon new ground. I am.

© 2013 Lucifer Jones


Author's Note

Lucifer Jones
Rambling on... Have at it. You tell me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on November 21, 2013
Last Updated on November 21, 2013

Author

Lucifer Jones
Lucifer Jones

IL



About
Founder of "The Deviant Coalition" I write the way I speak... Scary, huh? I present my mindless ramblings as I have done in many other forums for years. I don't call it poetry, but that seems to be .. more..

Writing