From The Dark

From The Dark

A Poem by Lucifer Jones
"

More rambling.

"

From the darkest part of the body...

there is something... a path...  a sound... and from here issue the first dim rays of feeling... of instinct... wordless... the first messenger... honorable beasts of our spirit... of what we are and are not, of what we are to become... wordless voices that echo endlessly down the darkest alleys of our soul... full of power... gutteral speech... entrancing song... inner meaning... dim rays that grow in to blinding showers... casting shadows from things we must never forget... never leave behind... chasing the shadows to things less potent... but parts of us nonetheless... enlivening weary eyes... sounding the horn... the journey has begun... only those that forget what's in the shadows ever lose their way... and stray from their nature... fall far from where they came... Do you remember? Do you still hear? Or do you simply turn a blind eye and deaf ear? What you call baggage... I call definition.... what you label scars... I embrace as self... Blur no vision... spoil no expression... it comes from somewhere dark and beautiful... unknown and unrequested gifts from rays within to be held close and dear... it has been said that "only in darkness do we truly see the light"... I believe only in darkness does light truly exist... only from darkness can light be borne...  receive or deny... the choice is yours...

© 2008 Lucifer Jones


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on March 4, 2008

Author

Lucifer Jones
Lucifer Jones

IL



About
Founder of "The Deviant Coalition" I write the way I speak... Scary, huh? I present my mindless ramblings as I have done in many other forums for years. I don't call it poetry, but that seems to be .. more..

Writing