To Be Smoke...

To Be Smoke...

A Poem by Lucifer Jones
"

More ramblings.

"
     To be the hazy, shapeless cloud that seeps under your door... through your cracked windows... hanging in your clothes and your hair.... clinging upon your skin... reminding you of fires burned....  An existence I could embrace... I could relish... Filling the rooms you will walk in and making you think of me... Think of the fires that brought me there... Everywhere you go... 
     Would you wash me away? Would you cleanse me from your clothes and bedding? Would you look at embers and ashes and think... Soot, filth... They're ashes... nothing more? Or would you seek new things to ignite, new things to burn... bring me back over and over? Burn sandalwood as an invitation? Light candles to guide me? 
     Or would you start a raging blaze and watch me fill the heavens? For you it would be as easy as a whisper... A mere flicker of a smile and I would blacken the sky in your name... Engulf you... penetrate your clothes... your skin... fill your lungs and once again cling to you... hold you... whisper to you stories of the flames and breeze that bore me to you. That with each fire I will be that much harder to wash away... Clinging in your hair... On your clothes... your skin... not merely an existence... but truly living for the first time because you breathed me in.

© 2013 Lucifer Jones


Author's Note

Lucifer Jones
Have at it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on March 4, 2008
Last Updated on November 1, 2013

Author

Lucifer Jones
Lucifer Jones

IL



About
Founder of "The Deviant Coalition" I write the way I speak... Scary, huh? I present my mindless ramblings as I have done in many other forums for years. I don't call it poetry, but that seems to be .. more..

Writing