Rainy Day

Rainy Day

A Poem by Lucifer Jones
"

Ummm... yeah... more ramblings. 07/19/2006

"

As it falls it whispers of change... a thousand promises of something new... something better... to wash away work, stress, pain, anger, longing... to renew what is now old and worn inside...
Face upward, feeling the light patterns dancing on my face... eyes closed... feeling the sway... the pull of gravity against the soles of my feet... allowing the blurring of up and down...
A longing for years when I was much younger... a time when I wasn't gawked at for tromping in the puddles pooling at my feet... a time when a exuberant leap was met with a smile... they still smile...
only now it's because they pitty the poor retarded man playing in the rain... the concept of a grown man enjoying such a thing too alien... too outlandish... too far out of reach to grasp...
Wandering around with the splash of my play on my pants legs... grinning stupidly... loving the cold, wet, clinging of my jeans to my ankles and shins...
laughing out loud at the people plodding through puddles unexpectedly deep... hurrying to stay dry and avoid the drops as if they will surely melt if too many land on them... never an upward glance for fear of their faces becoming wet...
only looking up long enough to curse the skys for their release... but never seeing it for what it is and could possibly be... never taking the time to play anymore... what a horrible existence that must be... to forget how to play...
to forget how to wonder and marvel at things... no matter how simple... no matter how silly... to forget how to enjoy... everyday is an adventure, a step into uncharted territory... never been there before... and will never be there again...
and I prefer to see it from the eyes I've always had... eyes that never age... eyes that love the new... the different... the odd... the miraculous... eyes that never worried about cable or satellite, checks or credit cards...
the day I wake up and no longer see the opportunity to rush out into the rain... grinning and hoping to find things new... is the day I hope I don't wake at all... that I simply stay in the dream...
that I simply smile and slip... embark on yet another adventure... new flavors of ice cream spilling from my mouth flowing down my chin... new puddles to splash... new holes to dig... new lights to shine...
new stories to read... and new voices to hear...
So I stand... face upward... swaying in the drops... feeling the wet on my skin... my face... and I wonder but one thing... where will I play tomorrow? I am in Oregon...

© 2014 Lucifer Jones


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on March 17, 2008
Last Updated on February 17, 2014

Author

Lucifer Jones
Lucifer Jones

IL



About
Founder of "The Deviant Coalition" I write the way I speak... Scary, huh? I present my mindless ramblings as I have done in many other forums for years. I don't call it poetry, but that seems to be .. more..

Writing