My Ghost

My Ghost

A Poem by Lucifer Jones
"

ramblings

"

I wake... I dress... I make coffee...
And you're there.
I watch the smoke from my cigarette drift out the window and up... slip to the sky and clouds... I'm envious...
You're there.
Hanging around in corners... in drawers... in every shadow... in my mind...
Still there.
Like the smell of black coffee and cigarettes saturating the fabric of the couch... the drapes... clinging to my clothes and body... to everything...
Always there.
Your smell, your sounds... your smile and face... shadow every room... hanging like a mist just inches from my face... Closing my eyes only lets the mist envelope me...
Always there.
I almost wish there were a rattling of chains, a rash of violence, an assault of the physical... something to inspire fear... something to inspire terror...
But no... you're there... and comforting... I've gotten so used to your haze... your mist...
Please dont go.
 

© 2008 Lucifer Jones


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

it's funny how the memory of somebody can become like an infection. Spreading into both our fantasy and reality....

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lucifer Jones

10 Years Ago

yes, it really is. Thank you for pulling up a chair tonight.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Added on April 8, 2008

Author

Lucifer Jones
Lucifer Jones

IL



About
Founder of "The Deviant Coalition" I write the way I speak... Scary, huh? I present my mindless ramblings as I have done in many other forums for years. I don't call it poetry, but that seems to be .. more..

Writing