Out

Out

A Story by Lucifuge

It was early and i stood at the window beside the curtain with the dust. It was warm and i began to cry as though i had been told something and it yanked and twisted. That wasnt it, so i sat down and looked around at all the pointless people and all the broken things that made up the morning. A bottle rolled by out on the street and i hoped something real might happen.  It wouldnt. There was a nice sweetness in my stale vomit and i smiled that it cared enough to fill my lungs.  I couldnt cry anymore, i had no tears or reasons, and people could see me if they looked up.  I didnt feel like sharing what had come over me. They didnt deserve it, and i felt like having a drink anyway. I opened a beer and watched the crows and seagulls and wondered if they would like to move away. Where i lived wasnt the point and i waited for whoever she was to wake up and leave me with the beer.  I heard her murmur in her sleep, and i hoped she had pretty dreams.

© 2010 Lucifuge


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this one also... Like an echo in my ears, you know.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 11, 2010
Last Updated on June 12, 2010

Author

Lucifuge
Lucifuge

The 9th Circle of Hell, Ireland



Writing