Finding my feet

Finding my feet

A Poem by Susan M. Fenn
"

Shortly after an idiot crushed me when I let him get too close too fast...

"

Sitting in this empty room, I think of you.

Sitting alone with my mind to keep me company, I force you from my mind.

As time moves on, I move from you.

The pain you once caused, I no longer feel.

I am over you. I am over us. I am moving on.

I thought about you night and day, I thought about you in my dreams. I thought of you on the road, and today I thought of you only once.. now.. as I sit typing this on the keyboard.
 

Pounding out the words, my mind and my heart once again on speaking terms.

Because of you, I will still travel to the places I want. I will still see the people from my plans. I will still laugh, smile, and love.
 

My hope never ends that you find what you are looking for, but when the time comes, when you decide to come back, do not come back to me.

I will not be waiting. I have found a kind heart, a good soul, one that will not hurt me like you have.
 

Like you did... too bad you allowed your pain to take me away.
 

Too bad you couldn't let me in.

It is not my fault, I won't let myself place the blame on me any longer.
 

I have found my feet.. I am struggling to stand.. but I have found them.

That is half the battle.. the rest, is the cherry on top.

*leaves a bushel of luck on your doorstep* The last time we talked.. you needed it more than me.
 

In my mind.. you still do. But don't ask my heart... you might not like what it has to say.

© 2008 Susan M. Fenn


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on February 14, 2008

Author

Susan M. Fenn
Susan M. Fenn

Rochester, NY



About
I have been writing since I was five years old, short stories, poems, and I have completed a full novel, and am hard at work on the second one. In HS, I was editor and chief of the school newspaper fo.. more..

Writing