My Words

My Words

A Poem by Lucy-Mia
"

My frustration at trying to express myself

"

Inside my head, words flow like water, Outside my head they flow like tar. 


How can I begin to say what I want to? Without sounding foolish.


Eloquence I have not been blessed with. 


People hear my soft voice and confused words; no body knows what is going on behind all that. I feel trapped inside a mind of someone else.


I hate my curse of stumbled speech! 

© 2011 Lucy-Mia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
I have to disagree with the idea that you have an issue with 'eloquence. Your work is not typical of a lot of the work to be found on Writers Cafe, or any of the other sites, but it is that quality that sets it apart. You have a style of your own, not copied from another. That sets you both apart and in pace with the best of them. It has proven a true delight to discover your work and brought a good end to my day.
As regards to the poem itself, it has cracking pace. Shourt and punchy it does not belabour your frustration but rage against it. A stunning piece. Great read. Great write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Just wait till you are my age. I can so easily identify with your struggle to communicate the thoughts of your mind. Keep practicing and it will come to you and flow like a mighty river of unceasing joy! I find that you do not struggle in the least to convey your thoughts.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Inside my head, words flow like water, Outside my head they flow like tar

This is a brilliant starting for a poet who finds herself baffled in a new place ostensibly the Writer's Cafe! Welcome!

This is a charming piece indeed!

You know what? Every poet stammer in his or her page while attempting a cheeky piece of poetry! I wish you luck and this one really is a good one for a starter! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I can so identify with what you're saying. Sometimes the words won't come out right or even at all. Perhaps some things are better felt than spoken. Your heart can just be the sole recipient of your poetry in those instances and that can't be a loss at all. By the way, just how soft is your voice sweetie? ;-) I bet you have an adorable accent.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 29, 2011
Last Updated on July 29, 2011

Author

Lucy-Mia
Lucy-Mia

Stockport, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom



About
I am a happy go lucky girl from England, with Irish roots. I am hoping this website will help me grow as a poet. I have loved to write poetry since a small child. I don't care if it is considered goo.. more..

Writing
Pink Pink

A Poem by Lucy-Mia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Pink Pink

A Poem by Lucy-Mia