Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
The Perfect Love

The Perfect Love

A Story by Ludmila
"

From the first spark of a young love, all the way to marriage. This is my story :)

"
Once upon a time there was a little girl who lived in the dirt road neighborhood of Barabinsk, Russia that sat upon the Trans Siberian railway. It was a lonely little town full of what seemed to be happy families. They were happy except for one. The small blue house in the middle of all the houses...it had an aura that made you wonder what was going on there. Stepping near it gave you the chills and a sense of sadness. If you were close by you could hear yelling and screaming. Sometimes you might even hear the sound of broken glass or something slamming against a wall. Nobody ever left the house though except for the tall light haired man that would leave at least once a month and come back with a pack of alcohol and a small bag of food. The small girl lived in that house. She was quiet and a sad sad child that tried to hide in the shadows as to not be seen. She had forgotten to fill up his glass. This was a grave mistake. 

Her father yelled her name at the top of his lungs and she heard his glass shatter on the floor. She ran and hid in the closet hiding behind her father's clothes hoping she would not be seen. She could feel his footsteps through the floor as they marched to the beating of her heart. The bedroom door swung open shooting like into the room, obliterating the shadows. The light shone across her face and it felt as though time stopped as the two locked eyes. He thrusted his hand towards her and grabbed her around the neck and pulled her out of the closet and into the living room where the family was sitting. 

"Let this be a reminder, to all of you, to not forget your place in this house."

He threw the girl on the ground onto the broken glass and kicked her repeatedly yelling, "Don't you ever forget your place! Worthless s**t! You are a disgrace, a nobody.The girl overwhelmed with sadness broke into tears but she could not make a sound for the pain as too great. He ripped off her clothes and raped her as if telling the family to not mess with him. He finished and left the room leaving the girl lying in the middle of the room in her own puddle of blood and tears. She gathered herself and put her clothes back on as she wobbled towards the back door. She made her way to the dirt pile out by the train tracks. She sat down leaning against the dirt with tears in her eyes, as the little boy next door came over to her and took his hand in hers and sat next to her. Only four years of age and not knowing, this had been the beginning of something wonderful, the grasping of the hands. They never said a word. She went out every night after that to the dirt pile as did the boy just to sit and admire the passing train. On the fourth day, her fatherspotted the two children holding hands and he marched over. He ripped the grasp of their two hands apart and smacked the girl.

"You are not to talk to this boy and even lay an eye on him."

He dragged her back to the house and through her against the wall, "Pour me my drink."
She went out the next day to the dirt pile and noticed a piece of paper sticking out of the dirt. A note from the little boy. It spoke of how he missed sitting with her and that they should keep in contact via writing notes. So for 12 years, the two wrote notes and left them in the dirt waiting for a reply the next day. However, the girl in her sixteenth year had become pregnant by her father, and to cover it up, her father disowned her and kicked her out of the house. She never got to say her goodbye to the boy that lived next door. 

She quickly took a ride with an elderly lady to the city of Arkhangelsk and livedher days there alone and pregnant on the streets. In her seventeenth year she had her first child in an alley by her lonesome self. She did what she could to take care of the child and survive. During this, the boy next door had received word that the girl had left and he did some investigating to find out where the young girl had gone. He had always wondered, why she had never replied to her note so he left it there in the dirt hoping that someday she would reply. He discovered where she had gone and travelled to Arkhangelsk as soon as he had turned eighteen in search for the young girl. He had gathered enough money to by a very small room in the city, and he searched every day for this girl. As he was walking home from the market he looked across the street and saw two people lying in a dark alley on a bed of plastic bags. 

He waltzed over hoping maybe just maybe he had found her as she looked familiar. She raised her head and stared at him and he stared back. He mouthed the girls name and she nodded slowly. They stared silently until the realization hit them that they were the two children. Her eyes swelled with tears as did his and she jumped up and hugged the boy kissing his mouth and cheeks smearing her tears across his face. They grasped each other tightly for what felt like hours and he gave her a home in his apartment. 

The two got married at the age of 21 and decided that they will happily live together in unconditional everlasting love until the end of there days. In there twenty second year they traveled back to Barabinsk to go back to the old dirt pile. A small corner of a paper jutted out of the mound of dirt and she reached for it. She thought back to the last note she had read from him, "I have something to tell you," it said. She read the note and swelledagain with tears. "I love you." She kissed him and had a flashback to the first time they verbally spoke, back in the dark Arkhangelsk alley, "I love you," he told her. She finished kissing the boy and looked deep into his eyes and she knew that he was the one.

© 2014 Ludmila


Author's Note

Ludmila
I know there are more than likely a few grammar errors, but please tell me what you think. I'm very interested in your opinion (negative and positive).

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Sometimes life doesn’t work out the way we want when we are children, that’s all. Sometimes people are crazy wild. Sometimes people are frustrated with their lives, held back, unable to survive, crushed by the pace of life, cruelty, and people rushing by them while they themselves cannot run. Some are dragged down by poverty, by the need to find ways to be something better than they are, perhaps they turn to drugs, drink, anything to help take them away from the pain, the drudgery of their lives and keep up the hope that someone, just one person will come into their lives and heal them. Some people stop. Like I stopped by here at your story, ‘Hello, how are you?’ What happens when people stop? Let me tell you. Sunshine happens. It happens on the faces of people who stop for a while. Color comes to the heart; it shines bright red and is a badge of courage. Red is not always reserved for love, but a flag of friendship that no-one can take down. Your writing, your life has been courageous. I’m moved by your story, by the love that captured you and saved you. It is an exquisite tale of achievement, of love, hope and belief.

It doesn’t matter an inch about how well written your story is, but how well you’ve done in getting it down, finally out, and then live on.

I bow before you.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Sometimes life doesn’t work out the way we want when we are children, that’s all. Sometimes people are crazy wild. Sometimes people are frustrated with their lives, held back, unable to survive, crushed by the pace of life, cruelty, and people rushing by them while they themselves cannot run. Some are dragged down by poverty, by the need to find ways to be something better than they are, perhaps they turn to drugs, drink, anything to help take them away from the pain, the drudgery of their lives and keep up the hope that someone, just one person will come into their lives and heal them. Some people stop. Like I stopped by here at your story, ‘Hello, how are you?’ What happens when people stop? Let me tell you. Sunshine happens. It happens on the faces of people who stop for a while. Color comes to the heart; it shines bright red and is a badge of courage. Red is not always reserved for love, but a flag of friendship that no-one can take down. Your writing, your life has been courageous. I’m moved by your story, by the love that captured you and saved you. It is an exquisite tale of achievement, of love, hope and belief.

It doesn’t matter an inch about how well written your story is, but how well you’ve done in getting it down, finally out, and then live on.

I bow before you.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 23, 2014
Last Updated on July 23, 2014
Tags: Love, Marriage, Trouble, Happy, Sad

Author

Ludmila
Ludmila

Arkhangelsk, Arkhangelsk Oblast, Russia



About
My name is Ludmila, and i live near Arkhangelsk, Russia, and I was born in Barabinsk. I've been married for almost two and a half years, and I have two chidden. I'm pretty melancholy, so sorry. My wri.. more..

Writing