Filth Vs Vanguard

Filth Vs Vanguard

A Story by Luguolo
"

a story based on a match from the game Summoner Wars

"

                The field was set, a battle of such conflicting methodology and morals had never been seen. Sera Eldwyn, bestowed with the first summoning stone of pious vanguard, had been challenged by one known only as The Demagogue. She knew little of him, other than he was a thing of evil, calling upon dark magics, or so she had been told. Their armies had been fighting for days, it was time to end it, and hence the challenge was issued. It was to be settled on the very field they both now stood, their own preparations made, hastily though they were.


                At first, Eldwyn thought her enemy ill-prepared, with but two humans standing in the field near a wall that obviously hid The Demagogue. She herself had brought a small contingent, containing only three of her guardian fighters, an archer, a priest, and a wall of her own. These were conduits to which magic could be channeled from the stone to bring reinforcements, she had seen truly horrible creatures come from these, but almost never ones that looked as human as those before her now.


                Eldwyn decides to take an early approach, not something  typically done by the defensive faction, but she had some tricks to bare against her opponent. At this point she is taken aback as one of the beings in front of her in what she would assume was fear if he didnt smile so gleefully. Suddenly he is struck down from behind the wall, a scowl stretches across Eldwyns face. "despicable..." she mutters, ordering her archer forward and to destroy what seemed to be some form of mage.


                An arrow quickly slices through the individual and they collapse. Smiling for but a moment at her troops, seeing it is her entire army against but one person, she quickly sees her error. The archer beings to writhe and twist, screams turning guttural as he changes, his hands stretching into long claws, and he turns, facing former friends as a mere shadow of his former self. Clenching a fist Eldwyn hears the low chuckle of her foe behind the wall, and realizes she has underestimated him.


                The newly mutated archer approaches and slams their new clawed hands against Eldwyn's wall, some stone crumbling off of it as The Demagogue himself appears, throwing a spell at one of her guardians. The guardian angrily charges, swinging but missing The Demagogue, and the last thing he hears is Eldwyn's call before he is struck once more by magic and destroyed. The Demagogue laughs gutturally as he raises his hands, and dark magic possess Eldwyn's wall, rendering it useless to her unless she focuses upon it.


                The tentacle mutant moves forward, but Eldwyn will not sit idly by! She concentrates, offering some of her own energies to free the wall of the possession, and quickly uses it to bring another guardian to the field. She moves her units forward, retreating to a tactical position, and orders that they strike down their mutated brethren, but they miss the bloated and twisted body...


                "you have not yet seen the power that I wield, I make these people better, STRONGER! Even those as righteous as you Eldwyn...". As he finishes he volleys another spell, destroying another guardian as the sharp claws of his pet slice through another. "you will die this day..."

                Unshaken, Eldwyn orders her Guardians into position, and with no power to bring reinforcements, uses the forces she has to strike and scores a gash on the clawed mutant. "You are too cocky evil being, the forces of light will prevail this day! Laughing once more, The Demagogue calls upon a massive store of energy, forming it near his wall into a hulking beast of spare parts from beast and man alike. The entire body seemed sentient, mass moving from place to place through it as it stood there. Almost as an afterthought, another cultist appears beside the wall as well, and the march begins. The abominations slams against the wall, but the mass disappears from its arms as the hit lands, causing only a little damage. At the same time one of Eldwyn's Guardians is slashed from the mutation, and a spell is thrown hitting her priest hard, both survive for the time being.


                Focusing her own energy, Eldwyn removes the wounds from all her units on the field, and calls her priest back, moving forward into battler herself. Just as she steps forward though, the abomination strikes the wall again, this time causing considerable damage, large chunks fly off, and the claws from her mutated archer cut another guardian open. Behind this wall of inhuman weaponry, The Demagogue focuses, calling are particular Mutation to mind, and focusing energy on it, ignoring what is around him.


                Unsure of what is happening, Eldwyn simply calls her units to advance, waiting to see what happens, when suddenly the demagogue stops, and the cultist he had brought forth changes rapidly, this creature dripping what seemed to be some form of acid as it grew tall and thin, skin stretched tighter than it was every meant to be. Another cultist appears as the demagogue himself approaches with his units, a sudden hot blast from the direction of this newest mutant blinds Eldwyn for a moment, burning her face as her wall crumbles under the might of the abomination, and she sees another guardian hurt from the demagogues spells.


                "DAMN YOU! YOU VILE BEING! Destroying the humanity in these people for your own purposes!" Eldwyn growls, pulling in her own mass of energy and calling Kalon Lightbringer to the field and sends him forward with a guardian fighter at his side and a priest in tow. The guardian approaches The Demagogue himself, striking a blow against him, albeit it minor. Kalon fairs worse, swinging at the grotesque spewing mutant and missing.


                The demagogue quickly summons another cultist, and changes another into hump backed creature. The creature screams in ecstasy as it tears off some of its own back, devouring it and re-growing the spot. Eldwyn has no time to be disgusted as the abomination moves in to surround Kalon with the spew mutant, and the claw mutant moves in-between her priest and guardian.


                The spew mutant sprays directly into Kalon's face, burning him severely, as the guardian above falls to The Demagogue, and the claw mutant slashes her priest. "The heavens themselves support our cause!" she yells as an angel is summoned in-between the claw mutant and the wall, and she calls another wall down beside her priest, moving behind it and ordering her angel to strike The Demagogue, missing, as does Kalon as he swings at the elusive spewing mutant.


                "Your time is up young prisoner, That stone may have freed you from their walls, but you were always their pawn, you will die soon..." says The Demagogue, bringing in his own wall near his claw mutant, and mutating his final cultist, large wings sprouting out, connecting the arms to the torso, and claws bursting from his feet. The winged mutant than swoops in, striking Kalon hard on the back as a spew of acid hits him in the chest. His screams of agony are short lived as he dies from the combined strike.


                Just then, the huge abomination approaches, slamming Eldwyn in the face, but not finishing her. "Now you see the true power I give these beings" says The Demagogue "They are stronger now than they ever would have been, I have given them power, and a purpose for that power..." Eldwyn, holding to her composure, calls to the field her final guardian, and calling her units in, the angel misses the demagogue but the archer does not, causing him to flinch, but continue his speech as Eldwyn strikes against the massive creature before her, but it seems unphased by the strike. "and now, we say goodbye to you my, Sera Eldwyn, join your angels...". The final words come but seconds before a heavy clawed hand slashes her, ending her life, and one more battle of the SUMMONER WARS.

                

© 2013 Luguolo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on August 19, 2013
Last Updated on August 19, 2013
Tags: Summoner, Wars, Fantasy, Battle, War

Author

Luguolo
Luguolo

Toronto, Canada



About
alright! update time! i'm here to put out my writing without fear of it being stolen, so here i am! lets see if my writing is decent enough for everyone else. more..

Writing
[untitled] [untitled]

A Poem by Luguolo


to be titled to be titled

A Poem by Luguolo