Critical Point

Critical Point

A Story by luke312
"

Another story i had to do for An I.A so see something wrong or know something that would go better please feel free to tell me.

"

Look up. Tell me what you see...Is it raining, is the sun shining, can you see the stars. What do you think...Is it beautiful, was it breath taking or was it just the same view you see every day.

Can you imagine seeing that same sky thirty years from now?

Do you think it would look the same?

Do you think you can still look up on a rainy day?

Stare at the stars?

Do you really think you could still look up at the sky on a rainy day?

I don’t think so.

Do you remember how cool and refreshing rain can be.

It was good right?

Not now though, now it burns holes and corrodes whatever it touches.

Do you remember seeing all those stars. Do you remember the sun, well they are blocked out now, blocked by a thick poisonous fog that suffocates you in your sleep how does that sound still sounds good right?

I know my age and I know what you “adults” are doing to my planet you so called “wise ones” you who are supposed ensure my future and the future of my children but don’t worry I’ll be 20 by the time you read this and even though I may be young I know my role. I will invest in new technologies and advance the changes for more eco-friendly technology I will gather more people to my cause and our voices will grow and so will our power amd soon we will be something to fear and all those who think it’s ok to pollute and profit off our futures will soon know our name.

I want my children to know what icebergs look like and to know that staying out in the sun does not require SP-5,000.

I want them to know how it feels to run in the rain, see the stars and what it feels like to breathe without a mask. You better start changing the world now before I reach there or I’ll find you.

© 2011 luke312


Author's Note

luke312
I was so listening to Gorillaz

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Indeed. It is quite an endeavor to do this in times of crisis, and yet we all must be reminded about some simple truths and imperatives. Thank you for this message!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good write. I enjoyed.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice one luke

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excellent write. Excellent. Am I one of those adult persons? I never know.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

371 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2009
Last Updated on February 1, 2011
Tags: future, enviroment, predictions, dreams, fight

Author

luke312
luke312

Kingston, Jamaica



About
I Have Dreams And Ideals. I Have a Future And a Past. I'm Strong and Tall. Logical Yet Optimistic. I Love and I Hate, I am Who I am. more..

Writing
A Thought A Thought

A Poem by luke312



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..