Human Nature

Human Nature

A Story by SleepSpectrum
"

I was bored.

"
Oftentimes I find myself interred by the minuscule arguments that bear vision of the Human Race. We all are encoded with such arguments that are microscopic in relation to the universe, but are so overweight they encase it. More dangerous than bloodshed and embezzlement is the communication of these concepts, the viral spread of the treacherous numbing to our blurry roots. We have a way of painting over beautiful art with inferior description. That we believe Human Nature is what we have made it. Even now, as I write this, I struggle to align my thoughts around the glamorous iron columns we have constructed to cast knowing shadows across what should not be known. We are illustrated all by concepts, when Human Nature surely is not. 
I am dishearteningly weak with words and exceedingly dominant with my own theories. Please do see the problem there. But please perceive my theories are not ones that I spoke of, but the flies that devour holes through the ugly black foliage of the ugly black tree that's ugly black roots wrap and conceal life and existence. I am not a scholar or an object that you could ever possibly consider intelligent, but that may just be your own complication. .
Every burning lantern in the galaxy's garden has been named by man.
Every constellation and every arrangement, by man.
The sky is a textbook of knowledge of cumulus clouds and galactic nebula's.
The sun and it's routine has been recorded. The moon and it's pattern decoded.
The untouchable darkness touched.
Every breathing thing to ever tour a blade of grass robbed of it's mystery
and sent to a concentration camp on an insignificant page of an encyclopedia.
Every regime and constitution,
a product of humans.
How can we have Nature existing under control?
Every prison wall built by us.
"Human Nature is full of mystery"
Because we don't really know what it is.
It's not the study of our interaction
or the stars
or Cleopatra's life achievements
or the mathematics we orchestrated
or the way we are or the way we breathe or our midnight reflections or our winter hopelessness
Human Nature is simply, difficultly, and exquisitely our existence.

*   *   *

Later I asked someone much more "knowledgeable" why we, as humans, felt the obligation to unearth and construe all things. Their response:

"If we can get a better understanding of Human Nature, then we have a greater chance of surviving and prospering"

Oh, what prosperity aroused has ever needed to recede to do so? I used to believe we made the fatal error of seeking safety where safety needs to be explained, however I now see safety sought is the error itself. 

© 2016 SleepSpectrum


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ok, I'm leaving a message so you know I was here and I have read this but I think to give a decent review I need to read this again and let it digest, ponder, assess, analyze and fall into place.

Not that I'm an advocate for it, nor do I protest, but man, I would love to here your thoughts if you were high. I can just imagine the depths. But, of course, drugs are bad and you should 'just say no'.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SleepSpectrum

9 Years Ago

I would love to hear my thought if I were high as well. Haha. Thank you for the kind review!



Reviews

Ok, I'm leaving a message so you know I was here and I have read this but I think to give a decent review I need to read this again and let it digest, ponder, assess, analyze and fall into place.

Not that I'm an advocate for it, nor do I protest, but man, I would love to here your thoughts if you were high. I can just imagine the depths. But, of course, drugs are bad and you should 'just say no'.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SleepSpectrum

9 Years Ago

I would love to hear my thought if I were high as well. Haha. Thank you for the kind review!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 23, 2014
Last Updated on August 27, 2016

Author

SleepSpectrum
SleepSpectrum

NY



About
"Surely joy is the condition of life" -Thoreau more..

Writing