SPREAD LOVE AND MAINTAIN PEACE (Poem by Lukman Nurudeen)

SPREAD LOVE AND MAINTAIN PEACE (Poem by Lukman Nurudeen)

A Poem by Lukman Nurudeen Adeniyi
"

Lukman Nurudeen Adeniyi's poem to inspire people to maintain peace and have good relationship

"
Spread Love and Maintain Peace

Society cannot stay away from shambles,
Till we leave our differences, and,
Work concertedly, maintain peace and order.

There's no room for any prejudices
When there is true love indeed!
Say: 'We can do this together!'

We must engage in positive alliance,
Spread true love to better humankind,
That'll enable us to rejoice forever.

© Lukman Nurudeen Adeniyi

© 2023 Lukman Nurudeen Adeniyi


Author's Note

Lukman Nurudeen Adeniyi
"Spread Love and Maintain Peace" is a poem that emphasizes the importance of unity and cooperation in building a peaceful society. The poet highlights the negative consequences of prejudice and encourages readers to work together to create a better world. The poem's call for positive alliance and spreading of true love is a powerful message that inspires readers to take action towards creating a more harmonious and just society. Overall, the poem's message is uplifting and timely, reminding us of the power of love and cooperation in making the world a better place.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You certainly do love the exclamation point. But shouting has far less effect than prose that moves the reader emotionally.

You dumped in a flood of poetry that states the obvious: Be nice to others, war is bad, etc... But you do it in prosaic terms. You say, for example: "There's no room for any prejudices When there is true love indeed!"

Obviously, based on the state of the world, there's lots of room for prejudices. And the reader is aware of that, which undercuts your message.

And what's "true love?" You have an intended meaning, of course, but intent doesn't make it to the page. So the reader has only what your words suggest to them, based on their life-experience, not your intent.

Every romance novel deals in what they call true love. Every religion touts their superhero(s) as being a source of true love. And I truly love Pizza. Does that count as true love?

In fact, there are 8 kinds of love.

• Eros – Romantic love. ...
• Philia – Affectionate love. ...
• Storge – Familiar love. ...
• Ludus – Playful love. ...
• Pragma – Enduring love. ...
• Mania – Obsessive love. ...
• Agape – Universal love. ...
• Philautia – Self love.

Which one is the "true love" you meant, and how was the reader to know that?

My point is that you're talking in generic terms that are as meaningful as, "mashed potatoes have no bones." Yes, it's true, but so what?

It's better to paint a sharp picture of an ant at a picnic, if that ant embodies the point being made, than a watercolor of the picnic grove.

Jay Greenstein
The Grumpy Old Writing Coach


Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

Lukman Nurudeen Adeniyi
Lukman Nurudeen Adeniyi

Oyo, Africa, Nigeria



About
Lukman Nurudeen Adeniyi is an exceptional individual whose inspiring journey has touched countless lives. Despite being born into a Yoruba Muslim family in Nigeria, Lukman has risen to become a celebr.. more..

Writing