Strings and Threads.

Strings and Threads.

A Poem by La Luna

There are strings and threads I pull in this life.
The strings never end and the threads never seem to match the colours of life. 
When I pull a string I meet the destiny of someone, I read there life while it lies in the palm of my hands.
I close the gap and make that string stronger by adding another of the same kind. 
Years pass by, the strings have worn and dull, pain to my eyes and disappointment to my heart. I truly thought that these strings will last a lifetime. 
I pull threads but they swirl and twirl in my hands, the more I pull the uglier the picture gets.

I can compare this thread to a scarf or a jumper or life itself.  One day I saw a thread loosely hanging on one side of the scarf I loved, I pulled it. I wasn't sure what was meant to happen but the more I pulled the more it became less than what it was;

My favourite scarf

I realised I had to throw it away. Like the one person in my life who hung beside me, if I pulled the tinniest bit they would walk the life of that scarf I once wore.

 

© 2014 La Luna


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your writing leaves me searching for words every time. You're so explicit while using seemingly simplistic language. So much detail in so few words, mesmerizing and captivating and never lacking. Beautifully put, beautiful.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

La Luna

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Oscar your review has made me really happy :)
This is amazingly beautiful. I can see how you have compared 'strings and threads' with people, and their fragility. Good poem, i thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

La Luna

9 Years Ago

Thank you Blue, I am glad you liked it, you somehow always have an interpretation.
Luna...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 28, 2014
Last Updated on May 28, 2014

Author

La Luna
La Luna

London, United Kingdom



About
Hi. My name is Luna, I believe in many things, and I find many things beautiful in this world, at first i never cared, but when I started writing I observed every Scene that was around me. One being p.. more..

Writing
Dry Feelings Dry Feelings

A Poem by La Luna


Feel Me Feel Me

A Poem by La Luna