Flying For Dummies

Flying For Dummies

A Poem by LunaMoth

she rides with the
seat of her bicycle high,
too high,

but she likes to feel as if she
exists above the clouds
dust and dirt her
wheels stir up.

when she plays on the swingset her toes
touch the highest branch. And she thinks

remember,

we do not swing to move
from
here to there, or
there to here,

we swing to defy gravity...

© 2008 LunaMoth


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This conjurs up memories from my childhood. I dreamed of following in the footsteps of my grandfather as a boy. I lived and breathed aviation and flying and every bike I ever had was actually a 747, although, I did get a 10 speed once, and I am still convinced to this day that it was an F-16. I daydreamed right along with your subject on this piece...I love it!
Todd

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the first three stanzas quite a bit; they're quite visual, and playful in just the right amount. I thought the last two stanzas were a bit out of place--they're too heavy and straight-ahead, in my view, and serve too much as the "moral of the story." I think if you lightened up the ending a bit you'd have something quite special. As it stands, it's quite solidly done, but I think it has the potential to be something else, indeed.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh wow this is such a lovely poem! I love the idea behind it and the way you've captured the want to fly is beautiful. I can't wait to read more of your work!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 21, 2008

Author

LunaMoth
LunaMoth

Hogsmeade



About
I came from the planet Xryggri and here on earth, I am supernaturally strong and can fly. I keep these facts to myself, however, and mot everyone knows me as the mild-mannered accountant Ann. My only .. more..

Writing