Journey of Forgiveness

Journey of Forgiveness

A Story by Lunarshock
"

Being real about a decision to forgive my spouse for walking out on me

"
Forgiveness
The power to change a person from what they were into the better part of what they can be. So it begs to question, "Is how that person hurt you, worth keeping? Is the pain and the offense the thing you want to end?" By definition, the desire for pain and torment makes a person a masochist. And it can all end entirely by forgiveness. So let's do it... And that person who hurt you will be changed into the best version of themselves by the intent of your forgiveness. People will honor and celebrate this new and improved individual and be blessed by them. Only there is no changing what they did to you. You are forgiving them so they can be the best for another and not hurt or burden anyone else, living with guilt and fear of punishment. And much like the scene from the movie Armageddon, you will see a flash of all the greatness she will be for another; all of which you will never witness yourself. But you press the button and fade away anyway because its all bigger than you. Things didn't work out, but it will all be further away, almost out of dimension. But we win. And through faith, we will see God, who has the same story of forgiveness concerning us...

© 2017 Lunarshock


Author's Note

Lunarshock
Forgiveness holds an inherent power, long forgotten. Its not a "it doesn't bother" or "it doesn't matter anymore" declaration. It was shown in the bible to literally make the forgiven person brand new. Isaiah, a man with unclean lips, a voice of God himself, Paul, a known murder of Christ followers, a follower instrumental in saving life etc. Jesus literally heals a lame man while openly forgiving him of his sins. Imagine who we could become, if we embrace forgiveness for even a fraction of what it can be...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on July 31, 2017
Last Updated on December 9, 2017
Tags: Forgiveness, spiritual journey, faith, active faith, moving on, loss, divorce