The Night

The Night

A Poem by Luqman Qadi
"

During a life time, there are so many experiences. These experiences develop character, and the knowledge of self.

"

 

 

 

 

The Night

 

In the night as you weep, your pain in life is for keeps.

The sound of thunder above your head, left for dead (so they said) of your passions and dreams.

Marauding deep inside your dreams, you hear the screams of your past-will it last-looking through the mirror glass of those who crossed your paths during your lifetime?    

Laughter they say is only for a day and sorrow in your tomorrows an eternity full of bigotry, by those that claim to be a friend, there is no end of the smiles they extend.

Behind their grin, and sin in heart, that was placed from the start (as birth) gave them life.

The iridescent glow on the faces, in those places you have roamed of perpetrators of friendship.

Crowded by voices filled with deceit and lies, time does fly, as you cry in the wee hours of the night, while toiling in your plight. 

Mesmerized by the desires in heart, their attainment is your prize once you realize, that life is yours to live.

In the earth from whence you were formed, from the womb we all were born. ‘Victory’ is in you and not that of scorn.

Upon your head a crown despite the frowns, upon the faces of those you have past during your lifetime.

A silhouette of your passions and dreams they see, reflecting from all of your deeds.

A breeze whispers to the spirit in you (only a few) but if all only knew, the exquisiteness of your being chosen.

 

© 2010 Luqman Qadi


Author's Note

Luqman Qadi
Everyone’s life has a destination, and what is experienced that birth’s pain is destiny.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

as nice as these words are lying on this page, I imagine how large they would be in your voice if they were ever to wander out loud

Posted 13 Years Ago


i loved the vivid imagery in this piece...i felt the breath of the night at the nape of my neck!..(lol)
blessings,
~M

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem is like a conversation. The rhythm and cadence like a jazz improvisation, yet the message is universal. Each word here, each phrase, has an honesty that makes the reader "listen." Thanks for expressing it to us.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with Sam very wise....thank you :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very wise and insightful. Life is a hard road to travel, and by its end, hopefully, we will have filled more pot-holes than we created.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

714 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 27, 2010
Last Updated on September 5, 2010

Author

Luqman Qadi
Luqman Qadi

GA



About
I became inspired to write my first novel ‘Expressionism: The Findings of a Man’ after experiencing a hardship that shook my world, and forced me into exiled from my place of birth. The lo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Crossing Crossing

A Poem by Robin