Let Go

Let Go

A Poem by LuthienThalia

She glanced up from the table; she had been intent on her bowl of cereal. He had startled her; she wasn’t expecting him so soon.

He strode towards her; he had wanted this badly, oh so badly.

She felt his desire fill her head; it was always so hard to resist him.

He had found her easily; she was never that far from his mind.

She felt the burn, the ache, the need, and she knew that she was never truly free.

He had given her his soul, and it was this fact that kept him coming back to her.

She had given him her chains. She had left all signs of life for him.

He held the weight of her; she had grown increasingly void and special over the last couple of months.

She had had enough of this. She was going to end it all, one way or another.

He felt her grow increasingly panicked, frantic, and wondered what was going on behind the closed doors of her mind.

She hoped her intent did not show in her eyes as his hands gripped her tightly, so tight…

He grasped for her, he felt like he needed to feel her under him to breathe.

She felt a ghost of a smile, he was maddening.

He felt the need growing, he had to have her, and there was no other way. She was his, time and again, but it was never enough. And like all the other times, he thought this, surely, would be the last.

She let him take her body, for it was his in the taking. But never her soul, her innermost sacredness, that would never be his. Thus she was doomed, thus she was blessed, and thus she gave and took.

This time was different, he could feel that. This was a new feeling that had taken over. He was spellbound by her, this was his undoing.

She murmured sacred words; she said them dearly, loudly, forcibly, sweetly. But above all, she said them in whispers, in shouts, in ravings, and in love’s embrace. This is what she did to begin the undoing; this is what she did to take it all away.

He felt fainter, less fulfilled, less satisfied. He felt weak, and she looked translucent. He heard sacred words; in tongues, in darkness, in light. He felt the undoing, the gift and the curse. He felt the sacrifice and the plea. He heard it all and watched it disappear.

Freedom, at last, the transcendentalistic feeling feeding her ecstasy and her horror. She felt everything and nothing; she saw him fade and things brighten. And then, she let it all go.

Not knowing the reason why or understanding fully what this meant, he let it go.

They faded into light.

© 2012 LuthienThalia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this. I usually tend to stay away from poems and stories that are long, but for some reason I read this one. Very nicely written. I love how you wrote this all out. His side, her side. His emotions, her emotions. Now sure how many times I can say I love this without sounding like a broken record haha. Great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thank you so much!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this. I usually tend to stay away from poems and stories that are long, but for some reason I read this one. Very nicely written. I love how you wrote this all out. His side, her side. His emotions, her emotions. Now sure how many times I can say I love this without sounding like a broken record haha. Great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 14, 2012
Last Updated on May 14, 2012

Author

LuthienThalia
LuthienThalia

About
I like to write to express my feelings and just generally get thoughts out of my head. I've many stories that I've started, but none that I've ever finished. Hopefully this will give me a comprehensiv.. more..

Writing
Void Void

A Poem by LuthienThalia