The Dark Waits

The Dark Waits

A Story by Ina

She walked into the dark abandoned building. She could feel like spider webs across her face. She could hear the broken glass beneath her feet. She could sense the cold chill on the back of her neck. She knew that fear could make you hear and see things. She knew there was no turning back. She walked until the light from the door faded. She felt the darkness wrap her body like a blanket. She knew she would never be the same. She knew her life was over. She knew she would never see him again. She was more afraid to go back than what lay waiting for her. She made the decision.


He watched her from the dark corner. He waited as her slow steps approached. He held his breath as he heard her exhale. He didn’t move so she wouldn’t know he was there. He knew she came for him. He knew why she was there. He knew what he had to do. He could feel her heart beat. He could see the pain in her eyes. He felt her as she moved past him. He followed her further into darkness.


She knew he was there. She could feel his heat move around her. She could feel her mind slipping. She could feel her emotions fade. She could no longer feel. She closed her eyes. She trembled. She startled as his body pushed against her back. She knew what he was going to do. She didn’t care.


He reached his hand out. He wrapped his arm around her chest. He pushed against her beating heart. He reached into her soul. He felt the relief of her heavy sigh. He felt her smile as he stole her life. He felt sorry for her. He knew she would not be the last. He knew there were more that would search for him. 

© 2017 Ina


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on July 26, 2017
Last Updated on July 26, 2017
Tags: dark, short story, pain, depression

Author

Ina
Ina

CA



About
I express myself through writing because it's the only way I know how. I keep to myself and never let my emotions show. I write only dark themes as this is just who I am. more..

Writing
waiting... waiting...

A Poem by Ina


Ignore This Ignore This

A Poem by Ina