Second Chances

Second Chances

A Story by BeautyFromTheEarth93
"

This is not finished...

"

My name is Isabella Pattinson. I was a foreign exchange student. He, a born and bred scouser. What are the odds that this hard-hearted American girl would fall in love? That summer was the summer of my dreams. I was fifteen and longing for freedom. It wasn't my idea to study in Liverpool. In fact, I didn't really understand why I was sent there. I knew that when I stepped off the plane, in my Doc Martins, parka, and a plaid miniskirt, this was going to be hell. I was already a freak back home. I was the weird girl with the combat boots and the purple hair. On the outside, I was tough, but on the inside, I screamed for acceptance. New York City, New York is a city full of strange and unique people. "The city that never sleeps," as they say. I would fit in there, and that's where I wanted to go. But, NO!!! NYC was too big and scary for me, I thought sarcastically. Don't get me wrong, I love my home town, but it's just too simple and small. The people there aren't ready for a girl like me. A girl with a mind of her own. So...I was sent to a town where culture flourishes. Liverpool, England. Of course, my Beatle-freak parents loved the idea.

"Oh, let us know if you see Paul! He's the bee's knees!" my mother, Samantha Pattinson, screamed.

"And don't forget about Ringo! He's the sickest drummer!" my father, John Pattinson, exclaimed.

Ugh, I thought to myself. The first thing I noticed about Liverpool was the climate. Wet. And. Cold. If this was Liverpool in summer, I would shoot myself. I waited in the terminal for my host parents, Edward and Linda Baker. They were punctual, I noted, as I was waiting for only five minutes. The British seem to be a very punctual people. My kind of people. We were in the car and on our way in another five minutes. My host parents made idle chit-chat and I was sure that they were trying to make it more comfortable for me. They had never met a "real-live American" before. We arrived at their house in about a half hour. Mr. Baker got out and carried my bags in while Mrs. Baker showed me around, her arm around me the whole time. I had already discovered that she had no children. She hadn't been able to conceive. I was going to be the daughter she never had. The Baker house was a modest-looking home. There was nothing flashy, but you could tell that they had money. It showed in every graceful step Mrs. Baker took, looking as if she were dancing in her designer dress. Mrs. Baker showed me to my room with a smile. It was painted purple. Huh, I thought, just like my hair. She left me alone to unpack and I loved her for it. Nobody in my life had ever left me alone. Not my parents who tried to make me a little girly girl for years. Nor my therapist, whom my parents insisted I see. I can tell you right now, I don't need a therapist, I'm not going through an identity crisis, and this is not a phase. This is me. Take me for who I am. Anyway, I unpacked for a few hours and then noticed that the sun had come out. I opened my window to feel and smell the air, when a cold breeze rolled in. It shocked my system a little, but I didn't close the window. The air smelled too nice. I smelled fresh flowers, being put daintily in a vase, beef stew simmering away on a stove, but the most heavenly scent was the hardest to ignore. It was the ocean. The smell of the sea salt filled my nose and I sighed with satisfaction. You see, I've always loved water. Any kind of water, too. I love to drink it, swim in it, smell its salt, and let it run over my body in the shower. Water is just like me. It's been through some dirty times, but in the end, it's cleaned and repaired. Although it's never new. It's never completely whole. A piece of it is always missing. The scent was too attractive to me. Well, I knew that Liverpool was a port city, but I never expected it to smell just as good as back home. I couldn't resist anymore. I donned my coat and gloves, as I quickly realized that Liverpool was an ice box, and bounded down the stairs.

"Um, Mrs. Baker?," I called, shyly.

"Oh honey, call me Linda." she replied, smiling.

I blushed. "Okay, Linda. May I go sit by Albert Dock?"

"The scent was too delicious for you, hey?"

I nodded. She laughed and went on. "Of course you may, Bella. Just bring your mobile phone in case of emergency."

"Okay, Linda. I'll be back by six." I replied, looking at the clock and noting that it was four. With that, I grabbed my cell and leaped out the front door. The smell was better than it was inside, I thought. I was running down the street, following the sea salt scent, certain it would take me directly to Albert Dock. Sure enough, it did. I wasn't the only one there, either. Sitting down, on the edge of Albert Dock, was a boy. Well, he had the face of a boy but not the body. He couldn't have been more than seventeen. This boy was built! While I was busy admiring every muscle of his body, I didn't notice that he had looked up.

"Um, hi," he said, nervously. I could tell that he was a little freaked out by the girl with the purple hair staring at him.

"Oh, sorry, hi," I replied.

"You're American?" he asked.

"Yes I am. Why?" I asked in return.

"Well, I just find American girls exotic and sexy," he said, looking down and blushing. What he said made me laugh out loud. I felt at ease with him, strangely, and took a seat next to him.

"Exotic? Really? Why? Us Americans are just fast food eaters and action movie lovers," I said, with a laugh. He didn't reply but I could tell that he didn't agree.

"What's your name, anyway?" he asked.

"Isabella Pattinson. But I prefer being called Bella," I replied.

"Bella...that's a beautiful name. Me name is Robert Knightley, but you can call me Rob," he said, winking at me. I felt my normally brown skin flush red.

"I beg your pardon, Bella, but I just need to ask. You look Spanish, but your last name sounds Irish. Are you married or something? Do they marry young in America?" he questioned.

I grinned. "Only in the South," I replied. He got the joke and laughed as I went on. "No, I'm not married. My mother is Puerto Rican and my father is Irish," I explained.

"Ahh, I see. Me mum was Irish and me father was German. So that's why I have pale skin," he explained, smiling. After he talked about his skin, I leaned back a little to really look at him. Rockin body, obviously. But he had the most beautiful, big, brown eyes. They reminded me of a sad puppy dog. He had dark brown hair that was getting a little shaggy and it looked so cute. He had a well-defined jaw, I figured because he was German, and the cutest pair of lips I've ever seen. He was a stunner. When Rob noticed me examining him, he leaned back and did the same. I could already tell what he was noticing. Big breasts, little waist, nice hips. That's the only thing guys noticed about me. But he surprised me with what he said.

"You have the most luxurious curly hair I've ever seen. Gorgeous brown eyes and luscious full lips."

I blinked at him in total shock. Could this guy really be different? I composed myself and said, blushing, "Oh. Thank you. You're pretty gorgeous yourself."

 

That's how it all started. It was a miracle that we even met at all. You see, Rob worked at the docks and was just about to return home. I looked at my watched and frowned. It was 5:50PM.

"What's wrong? Do you have somewhere to be?" Rob asked, hoping that I would say "no."

"Unfortunately, yes. I have to get back to my host parents," I said.

"Who are they?" Rob asked.

"Edward and Linda Baker," I replied.

"Wow! I work for them! Now we can see each other every day!" he exclaimed.

"Wait, you WORK for them, too?", I asked, shocked.

"Yea, me dad died when I was twelve, so I had to get any job I could to take care of me mum. In fact, I actually live in the Baker house. Well I have since me mum passed on," Rob said, with a frown.

"Wow. I'm so sorry," I replied.

"Forget about it. Let's go home, Bella," Rob said with a wink.

The walk home was silent. We both knew what the other wanted. We wanted to be together. Forever. I fell in love with him the moment I saw him. If there was only some way I could stay in Liverpool forever...

When we arrived, Linda said, "Ahh, right on schedule. And I see you've met Rob, our work boy." I rolled my eyes at the "work boy" part. She noticed and could tell that I didn't care about money or rank. She acknowledged that respectfully with a nod.

Rob said, "Well, I'll go to my room now, if you don't mind, ladies." He pressed something into my hand, kissed it, and was gone.

"Linda, may I take a quick nap before dinner?" I asked, excitedly.

"Sure, dear," Linda replied. She had no idea of what had just passed between Rob and I. I raced up the stairs to my room, flung myself on my bed, and opened the note. It said, "Dear Bella, meet me outside the Cavern Club around midnight for a special surprise. Robert."

I squealed and giggled like a young girl in love. Rob's room was right below mine, so I'm pretty sure that he heard me. I didn't care. I was in love.

 

I got back to the house just in time to get ready. Mrs. Baker insisted I eat something, but I was too nervous to even eat a cracker! I did my hair with some flowers that I found outside and put on a beachy white dress. I thought it fit the ocean scene up here. By the time midnight rolled around, I was long gone. With every step I took, my heart pounded harder and faster. What if he hates my dress? What if he thinks I'm too dressed up? Oh no! I should change, I think to myself, but I decide not to when I see Rob there in a suit and tie, holding a red rose.

"Why, hello there, Miss Pattinson," Rob replied, looking very debonair.

"Hi, Rob! Where are we going tonight?" I asked, overly excited.

"Just to a special place I know that serves great seafood," Rob said, eyeing my beachy dress and thinking it very appropriate for the occasion, I presumed.

"Well, I love anything with the ocean!" I replied.

"Then let's go," Rob said, offering me his arm and me taking it.

We went to the restaurant which was right on the ocean. It was cold out, but I didn't mind. Rob was sitting across from me, smiling at me in a way that I knew what he was thinking. He wanted me. Who wouldn't in this dress?

"So are we ready to order?" a tall blonde with big curls and too much lipstick said to us, although it seemed like she was talking to Rob....

"Yes. I would like the Lobster tails," I said.

"And I'll have the same," Rob said, never taking his eyes off of me to look at the skanky waitress.

"And for drinks?" she said, still trying to take my man.

"Ale," Rob said, winking at me. He's Irish so he has to have ale. Haha.

"Um, I'll have Sex on a Beach," I said, winking right back at him. Apparently you can drink at any age in England, so long as it's with dinner.

"Yes, right away," the s****y waitress said, feeling snubbed and rightfully so. Well I didnt care. She tried to take my date away and failed! HA!

"So, Bella, tell me about yourself," Rob said to me, resting his head on his hand, gazing into my eyes.

I suddenly feel self-conscious.

"Um. Well.....can we skip the small talk?" I asked, hoping not to have offended him.

Rob looked at me for a long time. "Thank you! I hate small talk," he replied.

I sigh. "That's a relief. I thought you would be offended or something," I said.

"Offended? No way. But I just want to know something. Why are you here in Liverpool?," Rob asked.

It took a long time to answer. My mind raced with all of the lies I could have said. However, I thought it best to tell the truth.

"Well.....um.....something really bad happened back home and I needed to get away. However, my Beatle-freak parents seized the chance to send me here," I replied.

"What happened?" Rob whispered, already guessing what it was, by the look on his face.

It took a full five minutes for me to say it. I never admitted it aloud before. I hadn't planned on admitting it ever. But, Rob deserved to know the truth, for some strange reason that I didn't know then.

"I......was.....raped. It happened at the end of my freshman year of high school. The popular girls invited me to a party, everyone was getting drunk, and a guy I recognized from school, he was a senior, took me into the back room. When I told him to stop, he got violent, and caused this," I said, pointing to the scar on my chest that I had always hidden. "I just lied in the bed for hours until the shock wore off and I walked home," I finished.

Rob was silent for ten minutes. I saw the anger in his eyes, but also the sympathy and the love.

"Bella, I am so sorry. If there was one thing I could do, it would be preventing what happened. Is that why you are the way you are?" he asked.

"Well, I used to dress very feminine and had my hair its natural shade of dark brown, almost black, but after what happened......I didn't want people to find me attractive, so I couldn't get raped again. So I cut my hair to my shoulder, dyed it purple, and dressed like a Punk kid. It worked. Nobody looked at me anymore. The popular girls stopped talking to me and no boy has looked at me since then. Well, except for you, Rob," I said, smiling, trying to make him feel a little better.

At this time the waitress stopped by, slamming my plate on the table, and gingerly placing Rob's plate on the table. She stalked off and I didn't even notice her glares. I was too busy seeing how much Rob wanted to make things better. How much he wanted to save me. "Well, he can't," I thought to myself.

It was silent for the rest of the meal. The only sound that was heard was the clinking of the forks, knives, and spoons. Nothing else was said. There was nothing to be said. Well, we finished eating and the snobby waitress brought our check. Rob paid it, of course, and he left to get my sweater.

"Oh geez," I thought, "I really shouldn't have told him that. At least not so soon! I just met the guy! I bet he's afraid to touch me now, because he thinks that I will be afraid. But, he doesn't know how much I want him to touch me!"

"Bella, here's your jumper, sweetheart," Rob said, returning with my sweater.

It took me a second to realize that he had called me "sweetheart." Wow.

"Oh, thanks, Rob....... honey," I said, smiling.

He must have understood that I wasn't going to hang on to what I told him and it made him smile.

"So, are you ready?" he asked.

"To go home? Sure.....I guess," I said, really hoping that he wouldn't take me home. Not just yet.

"No, silly, to the dock. Where we met," Rob explained, with a wink.

"Oh, sure!" I said.

Rob covered my eyes with a scarf that was in his pocket, and guided me to the dock which was only about five minutes away. When we reached the dock, he undid the scarf and let it trail along my neck while he pulled it off. It made my heart race and so many thoughts formed in my mind. Thoughts that I would not repeat here, just in case my mother reads this book. Anyway, so he took my hand gingerly, and led me to a table that he set up. It was all very romantic, if being blind-folded is romantic. There were two long candles on the table, a white lace tablecloth than hung gracefully on it, a bottle of French wine, two wine glasses, and chocolate-covered strawberries on two plates. I swear I could hear "La Vie En Rose" in the background. Or maybe my mind was just in a romantic state. Rob pulled out my chair and I slid in as gracefully as I could. He moved over to his side of the table in a very smooth fashion. I couldn't stand it anymore. I wanted him. Badly. He gestured to the chocolate-covered strawberries and I nibbled on one. I would have eaten the whole thing in five seconds, as I love to eat, but he was watching me so intently, that I couldn't focus on eating. I had to stare into his piercing, but somehow soft blue eyes. It made me remember that I was leaving at the end of the summer and I took a gulp of wine. He did as well, probably to make me feel less guilty about taking one. I felt like an alcoholic, after all the alcohol I was drinking that night. But, it made me feel good. It made me release my inhibitions.

"This is the best day of my life," I said, tears welling up.

Rob looked down for a little while and then looked into my eyes, trying to see into my soul.

"Me too," he said after a while, his voice quivering.

After we finished eating, Rob cleared his throat and stood up. He walked over to me and took my hand.

"May I have this dance, Miss Pattinson?" he asked, winking at me.

"Yes, of course, Mr. Knightley," I said, smiling and sighing in pleasure and satisfaction. My night couldn't have gotten any better than that.....that moment sealed the deal. We were going to be together forever, no matter what anybody said or thought. Rob pulled me into his chest and twirled me into the moonlight, all the while humming "La Vie En Rose" softly into my ear.

 

The rest of the evening flew by in a flash. Later, holding hands, we walked back to our house to find Mrs. Baker sitting in a chair. She was wearing her reading glasses, and while reading a Jane Austen novel, she sipped a glass of wine from a china wine glass.

She looked up and said, "Oh, hello, how was your date?"

We told her it was fine and then we retired to our separate rooms. I ran to my bed and screamed into the pillow...again. That was the best night of my life. Well, it was late at night, and I was feeling a bit dirty, so I decided to take a bath. I undressed quickly, wrapped a towel around my body, and walked to the bathroom. I stepped into the tub and turned on the hot water. Instead of waiting until it fills up, I liked sitting in the tub, feeling it slowly creep over my body. Hey, like I said before, I have a thing for water. So there I am, sitting in the tub, waiting for it to fill up, when many thoughts rush through my head.

"I wonder what it would be like to sleep with Rob," I think to myself.

But, I immediately tell myself "no." There was one very disturbing reason why...

 

END OF FRESHMAN YEAR

 

"Hey, Bella!" called a popular, senior girl named Samantha Spranzman.

"Hi, Samantha," I said, shyly. This was during my dark, long, curly hair/feminie clothes period.

"So, I heard that Seth likes you," Samantha said to me, coyly.

"Seth?" I asked, pretending not to know who she is talking about.

Samantha rolled her eyes. "Um, Seth Donahue? Only the hottest guy in school," Samantha explained, rather rudely. She acted like I was stupid. Seth Donahue was the best baseball player at Rachel Scott High School. And....he was a senior.

"Oh, really?" I asked.

Samantha moved closer to me, as if about to tell a secret. "Yeah, and he wanted me to invite you to his party tonight," Samantha whispered to me.

I just nodded, shocked, while Samantha wrote out the directions for me.

"It starts at nine," Samantha said.

I just nodded and she walked away, probably thinking that I am a freak. I walked home in a daze and explained the party to my parents. They consented. I wish they hadn't.

 

I chose the skimpiest outfit I had, while getting ready, and put on my coat so my parents wouldn't see. They drove me to the party and I walked up to the front door, my heart pounding loudly the whole time. As soon as I walked in, a beer can was pushed into my hand and guys were hitting on me. I felt kind of special and I took off my coat. All the guys were looking at me now. I smiled to myself as Seth Donahue approached me.

"Wanna dance?" he asked, in a non-romantic way.

"Sure," I replied, excited.

We were dancing and swaying to the beat of the hip-hop music for a little bit until Seth leaned down to whisper to me.

"Wanna go upstairs?" Seth whispered to me, but somehow made sure that everyone could hear and watch.

"Yes," I said. I knew what things went on upstairs, but I never thought that he would take it that far.

He led me upstairs and opened the door to what I assumed was his bedroom. I walked in admiring how nicely decorated it was, when I heard the door lock. I still refused to admit to myself what he was about to do. Seth pushed me on the bed and began to take off my pants. I begged for him to stop but he wouldn't stop. I just laid there, while he raped me, for two hours. Afterwards, I put on my pants, went downstairs, grabbed my coat, and walked out the door.

 

It still hadn't occured to me as to why Robert hadn't kissed me. I mean, he showed signs of love, boy did he show signs, but he didn't kiss me. I felt a little used. I mean, there I was, opening up and sharing my deepest secrets with this guy, and he doesn't even kiss me! I was moping around the house the next morning. It was half because I was tired from the long night and half because I was upset. I passed Rob on the stairs a few times. He didn't even look at me. I wondered if I had possibly said too much last night. Maybe it had all sunk in and he thought me a filthy, tarnished w***e.

"That's what the kids at my old school thought. That's why I had to leave," I whisper to myself, as I prepare a bowl of cereal for breakfast. The memories flow through me like the milk filling the cereal bowl...

 

"Mom. I really don't want to do this," I say to my mother.

We are sitting in her car, with the engine shut off, looking up at the threatening school building. I haven't stepped foot in that place for a month.

"Honey, I know you're nervous and scared. But, you stayed in your room the whole summer. As much as I'd like for you to say home, where I know you'll be safe, you need to get an education and get out there again," explains my mother. She has her "I'm worried about you, but you're not getting over" face on.

"Great," I say aloud.

Without another word, I open the door and step out into the warm air. I can hear the homeroom bell ring and I see the smokers putting out their cancer sticks while running into the building.

"Another day of high school," I mutter to no one in particular, sighing.

I turn around to shut the door and I see Seth in the passenger's seat. He is reaching for me and I scream, shut the door, and run to the building. My mom drives away, shaking her head, unaware of what I saw. You see, ever since that night, I've seen Seth everywhere. In my dreams, at home, even at Church.

"I can't escape from him," I whisper quiety.

I haven't told my parents what I've been seeing, as I thought they'd send me to the loony bin. A couple of girls I know walk in about the same time as me. They look at me and walk in, not acknowleding me at all. I know that they can recognize me under all this purple hairdye. Their snud stings a little, but at least my friends would talk to me...maybe... Since the girls in front of me slammed the door in my face, I had to heave it open myself. I swear, it got so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. Even the nerdy chatterboxes were quiet as they sized me up and judged me.

"So everyone knows now," I say quietly.

I take long, deliberate steps, looking around to see if anyone would acknowledge me. All they did was point, whisper, and stare. I never felt so isolated in my life. I saw my two best girlfriends giggling as they turned the corner, but they too behaved like zombies when they saw me. I didn't think much of it at the time and I walked up to them, wearing a fake smile.

"Hi, Becky! Hi, Paige!", I say, with false enthusiasm.

They look around as if embarrassed and then quietly, Becky says, "Um, Bella, we need to talk to you in private."

They pull me around the corner and again look around, hoping that nobody is watching.

"We can't be friends anymore, Bella," Becky Swanson says.

Paige Gardener is looking down, ashamed. Of whom, I cannot tell.

"Why not, guys?" I ask, looking at both of them.

"Um, well, we know that you threw yourself at Seth Donahue...and we think it rather s****y," Becky says, sticking her nose in the air, while walking away. I was never too close to her, so I didn't care, but I was upset about losing Paige.

"Paige...this is what you think?" I ask her.

She says nothing, yet somehow everything.

"Be good to yourself, Bella," Paige says after a while. She walks away, leaving me alone with my misery

"Why did Seth start that rumor?" I whisper to myself.

"So you've changed," I hear a drunk-sounding voice behind me say. I turn around to see Seth Donahue. "Back for more, are ya, Sexy?" calls Seth. I see an empty case of beer in his hand.

"No, I was just leaving," I whispered, afraid.

"Not so fast, Bella," he slured, reaching for me. I struggled out of his firm grasp and he became angry. He grabed me and thrusted me on the ground, pulling my pants off with an experienced hand.

All I remember was me screaming, the teachers yanking him off of me, and the recognition showing on my classmates's faces. I can't remember what anyone was saying to me as I ran out of there. My survival mode turned on and all I could think about was running. I ran so far away from my school, that I was in another town. I slowed to a stop and glanced around, trying to see if there was anything I could recognize. There were a few small houses to my right, all the same small design, but diffferent colors. It was really creepy, as it reminded me of a movie I saw when I was little. The movie was about people who acted the same, dressed the same, and lived in the same type of house, but of a different color. Anyway, so to my left was a soda shop. A real old-fashioned soda shop. I could see the waitresses on roller skates. It made me feel at ease, so I walked in. The little bell above the door signaled my entrance and people looked up. Everyone was staring at the girl in cargo pants with the short purple hair. I took a deep breath and walked up to the counter. A sweet, motherly looking old lady gestured to a seat. She looked about 75, was African-American, and wore these big coke-bottle glasses. Her hair looked like it was done quickly, as she wore it in a messy bun. Her clothes looked dated and I wondered what decade they were from....50's...40's? I liked her from the start and I strangely trusted her, so I took a seat and smiled at her, grateful for her kindness.

She returned the smile, and said, "Why, hello, dear. You must not be from around here. I know everybody from here!, she exclaimed, giggling.

The rest of the people in the soda shop followed suit, confirming what she said.

"Yes, ma'am. I'm from another town, up north some," I said.

The old lady moved closer to me and whispered ,"What are you running from, sweet baby?"

Before I could open my mouth to say that I was not running away, she put up her hand to stop me.

"Baby, I've been around a long time. I know when someone's running away. You don't have any friends with you, nor your parents, nor a boyfriend. Young girls don't come to a town like this unles they are running away. Now, come on sweet, tell me what you're running from," she cooed.

She was just so sweet and motherly, that I had to break down and tell her.

"Well, ma'am..." I began

"Please call me Julia," she said, smiling at me.

"Well, Julia, it's kind of a long story," I explained.

She looked around, "Well, baby, everyone's fed for now and I've done the morning dishes, so I have all the time in the world." Julia replied.

I just nodded and she grabed another chair. She sat down, resting her elbow on the table and said, "Speak."

I was a little nervous, I must admit, because I was sharing my most personal secret to a stranger. But, I begin. She looked a little nervous when I told her about the shady party invitation. However, when I told her about being guided up the stairs, her eyes bulged. And when I got to the raping part, she looked furious.

"Why, I never! In all my 75 years of living!" she exclaimed.

The people in the shop were interested now and looked on. Small town...figures...Julia saw this and pulled me into the back room. I tell her more, right up to what happened today and she became even angrier!

"Ugh!" she exclaimed, reaching for the phone. I saw her dial 9-1-1 and I didn't stop her. I knew it was the right thing to do. My parents had wanted to hush this whole thing up, so they never called the police.

"Oh, hello. This is Julia Bertram at the 'Happy Go Lucky' soda shop. I've got a girl here," she turned to me, "What's your name, baby?" she asked.

"Isbella Pattinson," I replied.

"I have an Isabella Pattinson here who has just told me that she was raped a few months back," Julia reported. She listened intently as the police officer told her what she needed to do. Little did I know, this old lady had some fight in her still. "Excuse me? Just because it's been a few months doesn't mean that it doesn't matter! I will not only take her to counseling, I will put that boy in jail!" she exclaimed, obviously frustrated with the police department.

"See, Julia, I told the police already. They told me the same thing. But, I know why. The boy who raped me, well...his dad is the sheriff. His dad won't have any of this "nonsense" as he calls it. He thinks I'm lying." I informed her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2009 BeautyFromTheEarth93


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow and double-wow. This is really good, Gabby. Seriously, it was so easy to follow and well-worded. Just as importantly, it was interesting. I was afraid it might be a little immature, but it isn't. You're a natural, young lady! Obviously there is much more for you to tell here, so you just keep that keen imagination of yours going and your fingers typing until you reveal all there is about your Liverpool Love.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What incredible writing! My dear goodness, I was swept into this like nothing on earth.. you write so expressively.

I could see Bella from the off : ' I was fifteen and longing for freedom. It wasn't my idea to study in Liverpool. In fact, I was pretty pissed that my parents sent me to that icicle of a place. I knew that when I stepped off the plane, in my Doc Martins, parka, and a plaid miniskirt, this was going to be hell. I was already a freak back home. I was the weird girl with the combat boots and the purple hair. '

The way you've described your host parents/their home is so fine.. then the following: ' I opened my window to feel and smell the air, when a cold breeze rolled in. It shocked my system a little, but I didn't close the window. The air smelled too nice. I smelled fresh flowers, being put daintily in a vase, beef stew simmering away on a stove, but the most heavenly scent was the hardest to ignore. It was the ocean. The smell of the sea salt filled my nose and I sighed with satisfaction. You see, I've always loved water. Any kind of water, too. I love to drink it, swim in it, smell its salt, and let it run over my body in the shower. Water is just like me. It's been through some dirty times, but in the end, it's cleaned and repaired. Although it's never new. It's never completely whole. A piece of it is always missing. The scent was too attractive to me.'

I could go on and on picking out excerpts but better not.. the part where Bella meets Rob really is delightful and could so easily go on to another chapter or another story..

CONGRATULATIONS, this is wonderful writing. I'll be back to read anything and everything you write. :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow and double-wow. This is really good, Gabby. Seriously, it was so easy to follow and well-worded. Just as importantly, it was interesting. I was afraid it might be a little immature, but it isn't. You're a natural, young lady! Obviously there is much more for you to tell here, so you just keep that keen imagination of yours going and your fingers typing until you reveal all there is about your Liverpool Love.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 20, 2009
Last Updated on July 9, 2009

Author

BeautyFromTheEarth93
BeautyFromTheEarth93

Noneya, NY



About
Reading and writing is my passion. I love a good love story and a sappy movie every now and then. I love God, makeup, Paul McCartney, Twilight, Robert Pattinson and Edward Cullen! I Carry Your Hear.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..