Obstacles in My Life

Obstacles in My Life

A Story by Angelica
"

This was a prompt that I had done for one of my classes and I really love writing it and really touching when my mom read it

"

I, like others, have had obstacles in my life. And will probably have more obstacles in the future. Since I was four, my dad and I have been moving a lot. With that, the motherly figure in my life has withdrawn, and through that process I have changed. This change had made me a mature woman. Growing up, I didn't have to worry about anything, like anyone else my age.  I was able to play video games, hang out with friends and do my best in school.

            Through the moving, my dad had married a woman named Ann. She had taught me the values of taking care of myself by life lessons and learning about living. No one else has showed me these values until she appeared in my life. The values she would teach me were integrity, motivation, discipline, and charity, which are some of the values she has taught me. I was able to learn about integrity, which is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.

Ann would tell me that I should be able to do my assignments without her or anyone else telling me to do my job. As I was developing, I didn't do it, but now that I think about it, I wish I had done what I was told. Having integrity is a really important thing to have. It means that you can do what you are supposed to do without even being told what to do and can be trusted with anything. It also shows that you are genuine and people with integrity feel good about their choices they have made. As the years progressed, I had learned more and more about taking care of myself through other ways of living. She is still the only mother figure in my life that I still call “mom”.

            A few years later, Ann and my father divorced, ending a six year marriage, and it was back to being my father and I. With my newly found skills, I was better able to help myself and in a roundabout way, help my dad. I use these skills everyday to help myself through life and school.

            With the skills I had learned from Ann, I have become different then I was before. I’m grateful I had a chance to learn how to live and how to take care of myself along with not having to depend on others to live life. I have since changed the path I was on to something that I thought I wouldn't have been on before I had met Ann. Without her I wouldn't have had the qualities I have now. Though there were other individuals that had also taught me skills I’ll need in life, Ann was the most influential person who impacted my way in a positive way so I will be more successful with my future goals and aspirations.

© 2014 Angelica


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Obstracles can always be overcomed.....since its related to your own life...its fine.....if you have learn integrity from ann....what do you require more...

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Added on July 2, 2014
Last Updated on July 2, 2014
Tags: MotherDaughter, Obstacles, Story

Author

Angelica
Angelica

About
Hey everyone Just wanted to let everyone know that I know my work isn't the best. But its what I wanted to say and I know I'll need improving and would love to hear what you have to say more..

Writing