A train to Nowhere

A train to Nowhere

A Story by Lycanean
"

Short story based upon feelings and visualisations of such feelings.

"

I turned around and saw your smile. The same smile you used to give me. I still remember every detail, that little curve on your face, it brightened so many days. Sadly that same curve that brightened so much, darkened. Oh you looked amazing and the talks we had were beyond brilliant. Till the fights started bursting up, seemingly out of nowhere, for no reason. The same genius, you know the one where I discussed existence,science,afterlife, mythology and so many more topics with. How It could easily crumble and fall to fighting for petty things. How the smile could change into thunder.. Not just any thunder, thunder created by the eruption of a volcano. Spewing verbal lightning designed to hurt, even if it were things not relevant to the discussion. Yet those lightning strikes as hurtful as they were could not compare to what was yet to come. To… 

To the moment we realised. This… This is goodbye. We won’t ever see each other again. We won’t hear the laughter any more, the laughter of the one we thought we had forever. The intoxicating giggle of your loved one. The laugh, yes that one, the one you hear and you immediately smirk.  Sure life goes on, but even when it goes on there won’t be a same laughter like that one. The voice of another just won’t be the same, it won’t have the same vibrations.

It’s the fine details of some one you love that makes you realize… Damn… I was really in love… and now.. somehow..we lost it. 

Before I could even help it, that dreadful moment flashed before my eyes, the moment the train left the station. I knew I had to go. For even that laugh could not mend the cracks formed any more. Not even the brightest days we had together could lift the darkness we brought on ourselves. For we forgot, how to be happy together and another showed you how. 

Today, if there’s one thing I could tell you without risking any sadness or any kind of emotion between us it’s that I would say I’m happy. I’m happy you moved on, I’m happy you learned to continue. I’m happy you forgot about me. I’m happy you’re proving me that perhaps one day, there will be a new laughter , a new gaze that will make me forget all about the old.. Will make me forget all about the station where I left my hopes behind and forced myself to continue.

A day when I will finally believe, I moved on.

© 2015 Lycanean


Author's Note

Lycanean
Any advice on how to improve sections of writing or word orders is highly appreciated. As English is my second language.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on July 25, 2015
Last Updated on July 25, 2015
Tags: station, nowhere, moving on, remembering, thunder, darkness, short story, story, feelings

Author

Lycanean
Lycanean

Antwerp, Belgium



About
Just a belgian guy, writing some stuff. Most posts will be 100% Personally created in case it is not credits will be mentioned. more..