Every Life Matters

Every Life Matters

A Story by Lydia Bowers

Every life matter’s. These thoughts had raced through my head as I stepped out of the house where a Syrian refugee family lived. But if everyone does matter, why do people want to take their lives away? Why do they want to control your world, your life and your religion? I couldn’t believe what I had just saw, and everything was ringing in my ears. Barren floors covered in mold, children snuggled up in thick blankets because their parents couldn’t afford to pay for heating, and the pain of a young boy, who had been shot in the side by a sniper. He had shown me his scar. It was red, like a rose, and deep blue and green that made you wince when you looked at it. It was too much. I went out of the room, not able to bear the sight of his young face contorted in pain. I question these things. I wonder how people can bear with themselves. How can they cause so much pain?


Lydia Bowers


This actually is a story from my memories. It was one of the most terrible things I ever will see.

 

© 2018 Lydia Bowers


Author's Note

Lydia Bowers
This is a true story. It happened to me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on January 7, 2018
Last Updated on January 7, 2018

Author

Lydia Bowers
Lydia Bowers

Manilla, Manilla, Philippines



About
My name is Lydia Bowers and I am a writing junky. As long as I can remember I have been writing. I lived in Turkey for 10 years as a missionary and I am now in the Philippines, attending high-school. .. more..

Writing
Fate Fate

A Story by Lydia Bowers