Heaven: Paradise for the Lonely

Heaven: Paradise for the Lonely

A Story by LynnTashio
"

Heaven would forever remain a place solely for those born to enter it. Rated Teen for religious content implied and meanings behind the words in the end.

"

 

Heaven:
Paradise for the lonely
    
     The tranquil movement of sun and cloud were a serene beauty, a blessing to the earth it circles above so tangible but still out of the corruptive reach of man.
     Music floats through the air as wine pours down the from atop a tall and never ending mountain, the river cutting its way between massive clouds painting the earthen sky in many colors and hues.
      The vast land is covered in many fruit trees, grape vines and strawberry fields. Looking closely you’ll find the ripe fruit plumb with nectar and covered in a thin sweet glaze of golden honey. It showers in parts of the day with a light mist of rose scented water.
     Even with all the peace and splendor such a place has to offer, heaven is a lonely desolate land. The only inhabitants seen for miles around are the guardian angels who stay short periods of time for rest and replenishment before leaving for earth once more, guiding the lost souls into the cleansing hands of God. Angels came in and out, resting their massive white or gray wings for a short time, often taking an orange or other fruit but always avoiding the apples that hung upon the tree in the center.
     It was the only apple tree in heaven, the tree’s thick trunk stood tall and endless. Branches weaved within each other and stretched wide enough to pass the tall mountains that bordered the heavenly terrain. On every branch clung more apples than one could count. Their shiny waxy coats drew the eyes of all, daring any would be eater to pick them from their home. This one fruit was the exception, no honey coated its face, but a blood red whine drizzled down to the roots, sinking deep within the earth. Each blade of grass that grew at its base stood in different shades of reds, all darker than the next, never varying toward a lighter shade of rosy pink.
     No one since Adam and Eve had ever dared to pick from this particular tree. It was the truest testimony that heaven, though there, and paradise so splendidly revealed, was but a taste of true beauty and passion that a single bite from these apples would fully give. The angels wouldn’t even take an apple that had fallen, ripe from the tree, onto the blood red grass at its base. The apples never fell far from the tree. It may roll at some point, nearly to the edge, daring someone to take it from the ground. It would never pass its blood red boundary.
     When left for too long it would sprout roots and slowly grow into another tree. Though it never matured, there were many young saplings planted below the shade of its mother tree. They never bore any fruit any apples , just a few leaves, tinted red then softening as the color faded to white at the tip. No body knew what use those trees possessed but none dared to go near and find out.
      Though it was best that they didn’t know, for these trees didn’t hold the splendor of the apples they once were. No these specific plants represented the human race and the dwindling morality and ever growing sin. With each new sapling that grows, the leaves become darker, the blood red color encroaching onto the delicate white tip of the leaf. The vein running through the center turning deep purple to near black. Should the wine that fueled the sapling overtake the purity of the white, there would be no way to describe the horrors that would transpire in the mortal realm. It was the job of the guardians to lead the infant human race to purity and understanding, though the task was becoming very difficult.
     Sometimes a passing soul would stop and rest close to the tree and saplings, and would perhaps ponder to themselves as to the significance of the colors while nursing scars or wounds from their stay in Hell to cleanse their souls. It was an unwritten law, more of an instinct, to steer clear from those trees, so in all it’s time, only one had picked from that tree and eaten the fruit it bore, sharing it with another. It caused them to be cast out of Eden. Eden was taken and placed into Heaven, far from reach from the offspring’s of those who tasted passion and purity, of peace and whole-ness. Now with the taste left within man, they would forever grow hungry for it, hungry for the blood red wine that fueled its life, for the taste of completion, perfection and everything else that had once been so far from reach.
     Heaven would forever remain a place solely for those born to enter it. Mortals would always end in Hell, to cleanse themselves from all impurities that had driven them in their life on earth. But no matter how many times they were cleansed, how many times their punishments rang upon their skin and mind, they would forever crave the taste of what is forbidden, the taste of reaching for what you want, clasping it in their hands and reducing it to ash with their putrid touch and thoughtless hearts.

© 2008 LynnTashio


Author's Note

LynnTashio
I hope I haven�t offended anyone with this. This is my view on heaven, if one does exist. So if I offended someone religiously, I am sorry. I don't wish to impose on anyone's beliefs, and I hope that none of you will impose or try to change mine by preaching.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on February 26, 2008

Author

LynnTashio
LynnTashio

Miami, FL



About
Well, as of this moment in time I'm a High School Senior. Yipee Horray for me! As for my info, well, I'm a simple person. Very dramatic and I love to describe everything. I love Rock and basically a.. more..

Writing