SHOULD THERE BE MORE CELEBRATIONS OF LIFE?

SHOULD THERE BE MORE CELEBRATIONS OF LIFE?

A Story by MINUTES W/ MARCEL
"

It's a look @ the different ways of handling death.

"
There was a time when my parents were together in a band BLACK VELVET with their 2 best friends and the brother that it never dawned on me that I ever had. Until now. He's really my cousin but, he would show me how to take care of myself for the time that he stayed with us. I think it was a year. I was young. Can't remember what age I was. All I do remember that on his Birthday mom and dad got him a hair blower and a surprise twist as there were tickets to April Wine It was when Drop Your Guns was a HIT with this HUGE CANNON!! That was STAND BACK I heard that was shot off @ the concert! So that gives the year of when this happened. 

Anyway getting back to what I was getting @. One day mom left me with my dad's parents in Sturgeon. One day my grandpa passed on and we had to go to his funeral. I didn't understand what a funeral was. I was only a wee lad. I think I was 3 years old. To see my grandpa all dulled up and everyone is dressed in black and crying. I didn't understand what was going on but, could not only see but, feel the hurt and sorrow. Yet my innocence asked WHY IS GRANDPA like this? My grandma who was holding back her tears said. "He's sleeping in very deep and long sleep! I thought nothing of it and move on in Life. So many had passed on and I still wasn't phased and when I would go to their wake. It was always the same kind of scenario. So many distraught over their loved ones. Causing themselves and others around them so much pain and suffering. Until they can let go a characteristic and aspect of themselves!? ...& is this why so many get sick & die afterwards!? Hmm... I found an interesting scientist named Masuro Emoto stated that when we loose a loved one, to get it over and done with or one could suffer disease and die. One must have a good long cry and then move forward with Life as the ones who passed on wouldn't want us to grieve forever, they want us to have a happy Life. I know when it is my time to come. I won't be afraid and will want those to have a CELEBRATION OF LIFE & who ever wants to grieve do so and then you you can get on with Life the next day. If you want. I'd rather see this. 

Celebration of LIFE!?  It was my first day playing out with the band. Our first gig was @ the guitar player's cousin's mom who had passed on. Although they were doing something completely different. They were making it a gathering and no one had to wear black. There was colour every where, people were happy and some did cry but, that happens. It was so enjoyable being out in the boonies grounding myself where the trees and air was just.... I can't describe it... ..  AH!!! So peaceful & relaxing! So it makes me wonder if there would be more happiness in the world. If we can just learn how to let go of our loved ones!?  

© 2018 MINUTES W/ MARCEL


Author's Note

MINUTES W/ MARCEL
Which do you prefer!? Funeral or Celebration of LIFE!!?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on August 17, 2018
Last Updated on August 17, 2018
Tags: DEATH, FUNERAL, CELEBRATION, LIFE, COLOUR, BLACK, MASURO, EMOTTO