BP

BP

A Story by K. N. Wise
"

...

"
Easily the most important voice of all is the people. Those directly affected by the spill, and those not. Not the government's, not BP's, and not any other such organization, good or bad, of people, involved in this. It is the voices of average people, like you, me and those who's livelihood is being destroyed right as I speak to you now.

The problem is, it seems as if these voices, are not being heard. Even as they scream and shout, and believe me, you and I know they are, because I am sure at least some of us have listened to NPR, listened to recordings of a trial or some such, during which a BP Big Wig was giving his speech about "what we didnt do wrong". And I am sure we've heard that one shrimper who had to be excused from the room for shouting angrily and this BP Big Wig suddenly went to a stuttering silence, not that he wasnt stuttering already.

(Note to Reader: When powerful people like that are trying to lie, they sound a little like Porky Pig.)

Not that angry shouting gets us anywhere. People's ears tend to turn off to words when they are shouted at, and instead they hear only the hoarse voice and its display of contempt. 

Anyhow, educated words and the voices that speak them, are easily one of the most important things a person can have. Pity the status quo is now deaf to the voice of the common citizen, like you, and I, and everyone else like us. I know I'm not the only one to notice this, but we are no longer being heard. I think they stopped listening to us when we protested their war mongering in the 70s during Vietnam. 

So lets see.... Thats around forty years they haven't been listening to us. 

There have been protests centered around the oil spill in the gulf, and I am sure thousands of editorials, not unlike mine, have been written on this same exact subject. And still, we're not getting anywhere.

No, money and maintaining Corporate America has thus far been far too important. That's why Obama hasn't shoved his foot so far up BP's a*s it's coming out of their mouth. 

Yes. I understand BP has been trying to "rectify" the situation by capping the well and cleaning up and all that lovely black stuff that's killing off most aquatic life coming into contact with it. They still need to take full responsibility for this incident.

(A dear friend of mine even told me that the locals had been keeping the seabirds alive by feeding them dog food because the oil had killed the fish they normally feed on.)

One thing I have to say to BP is, thank you for shitting on the environment and shitting on those who live along the coasts of Louisiana, Florida, Texas, Mississippi and Alabama. 

And remember folks, because we Seattlites are not directly affected by this horrible oil spill, our hearts still go out to those who suffer from it.

© 2010 K. N. Wise


Author's Note

K. N. Wise
Ladies and Gentlemen who are very much endeared to me for viewing this, comment but please, leave your flaming arguments at home. I dont like fighting about politics, in fact, its something I hate doing most in the world. More than cleaning the cat box or listening to a-ha and that ridiculous high note that Norwegian guy hits.

So please, I dont want to hear how opinionated and left-wing I am and how that makes me suck balls. Your opinions are welcome but please, please be polite and I shall treat you with the same respect.

Other than that, the editorial speaks for itself on the matter and Im not going to further it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on July 28, 2010
Last Updated on July 28, 2010

Author

K. N. Wise
K. N. Wise

Seattle, WA



About
I'm that weird kid. :3 more..

Writing
Otherside Otherside

A Book by K. N. Wise