A Civil Society

A Civil Society

A Story by MBARRYM
"

Basic Premises of Governance

"

Consider this, every nation on earth must have a stable reliable system of governance, whether it does o not, to be a nation people need governance.  The civility of mankind does not just require It, but demands it.  For no Civil Society can manifest among men without civil discourse.  For not even a family unit can manifest in a society without governance that protects its people form violence.  Children cannot be safely born, raised or schooled if the decent people cannot be protected from the unlawful who would pray upon he weak.  If government fails to form the rules for Civility, then government has failed.  A government must be able to provide for safe family formation, commerce, civil discourse without aggressive behavior, without violence, disease, wars and pestilence and even civil disobedience. 

Laws and ordinances must protect the weak and those who would demur, from those who would depress, repress, distress, rob, cheat, steal or even kill to get their advantage for themselves at the peril and hazard of the ordinary people.  Yes, if the governance allows lawlessness cuts off civil discourse, harms humanity and even brings it to Its most base station of existence.  For a society, to thrive, every citizen must be protected from he evil, the treacherous, the immoral, the unethical, the liar, and the cheater. 

Society must put up protections that will allow all to thrive in the best possible circumstances.  But it must also be recognized that not every society will grow in the same set of circumstances equally developed but from societies that can thrive.  Why, because people and customs developed differently.  NO ALL SOCIETIES CAN FLOURISH IN  DEMOCRACY OR  IN A REPUBLIC AS IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.  BUT ALL PEOPLES ARE CAPABLE OF FLOURISHING  WITHIN ONE.

© 2017 MBARRYM


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on December 20, 2017
Last Updated on December 20, 2017

Author

MBARRYM
MBARRYM

Chattanooga, TN



About
I am new to Writer'sCafe.Org. I am retired and in poor health, but I wanted to spend some time writing stories and poems that I have in the hopes that they will add some spice to someone's life. more..

Writing