The Death of Osama Bin Laden: Success and Crisis

The Death of Osama Bin Laden: Success and Crisis

A Story by AuthorExtraordinaire

At long last, the Americans have managed to eliminate their primary target in their War on Terror. What looked like searching for a needle in a haystack has finally been met with success. It is safe to say that the world is a better place without him. However Osama Bin Laden is dead, not Al-Qaeda! It is in fact a very crucial time and the Americans and their allies must remain vigilant. However charismatic a villain Osama may have been, he was one man. The structure and network of Al-Qaeda still remains and as such still pose just as credible a threat as before. If anything, vigilance should be enhanced.

 

The reason is two-fold. Firstly, it is no secret that Osama was held in high regard, even glorified (?), by many fundamentalist Muslims. That could be easily manipulated by Al-Qaeda operatives to garner favorable support using a concept of vendetta.

 

The second reason for increased vigilance is to create further inroads in to the War on Terror by striking strategic blows on Al-Qaeda networks, while it is in relative disarray. Their obvious attempts to consolidate must be quashed.

 

            No doubt, the death of Osama is a landmark success in the War on Terror, but it also presents a potential crisis. Over exuberant celebration and thinking that the worst is over will be a classic case of myopia. One that future generations will reflect as an opportunity lost!

© 2011 AuthorExtraordinaire


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

a very well made point my friend

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is my personal commentary on the issue. All feedbacks are welcome!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 30, 2011
Last Updated on December 30, 2011

Author

AuthorExtraordinaire
AuthorExtraordinaire

Dhaka, Bangladesh