Sisters

Sisters

A Story by Morgan Yai

In Ashley's Perspective
What did she think she was doing, leaving me like this? Is this what I deserve? Maybe she wasn't thinking about me. She probably wasn't thinking at all. I really thought she was stronger than this, though. I really did...

In Kaitlyn's perspective
I wish I could explain why I did it. I wish she could know. I wish she would try to understand. I wish I didn't do it. I wish I could have been as strong as she thought I was. I wish that I didn't need to wish these things. I wish... I wish, I wish, I wish. What good will that do? I can't take back what I did. I can't do anything anymore. I'm helpless still.

Ashley
She could have gotten through it, damn it! She didn't even tell me! She didn't freaking tell me... I could've helped. Well, I at least could've tried. She didn't give me a chance, though. I wonder if anyone could have stopped this. What if I had just payed closer attention to how she was acting. I could have stopped this. But I didn't. It's my fault. It really is. I can't take this! AH!!

Kaitlyn
I didn't even realize what I was doing Ashley, I didn't realize what was happening. How could you have figured it out? Please stop. Don't blame yourself. I don't want you to end up like me. You deserve better than that. Much better.

Ashley
Damn it! Damn it! DAMN IT!!! I did this. I didn't listen enough. I didn't care enough. I didn't talk to you enough. You were my best friend. Didn't you know I cared? I....

Kaitlyn
Stop crying. I wish you could hear me. Put down that razor. Once you start, you won't be able to stop. Just don't get started. Don't get mixed up in all this. I know I should have been a better role model. Please don't make my mistakes. I love you. Please know that. You do know that, don't you?

Ashley
You're my big sister... The only one I've ever had. You're gone now. You can't imagine how I felt when I walked into your room that morning to wake you up. Seeing you hanging there...

Kaitlyn
You're my baby sister and I'll always love you. Be stronger than me. I know you are. You always have been. Live for what I can't be.

Ashley
Kaitlyn... If you can hear me, or even if you can't, know that I still love you. I need you to know that I still you love you. I'm mad as heck at you, but I love you. I really do. I'll be strong. I'll live for you and for me so that your death doesn't have to hurt as much. But don't expect me not to cry. I will cry an ocean for you and for me. Just stay with me. Please.

Kaitlyn
I'll always be with you, sis. Don't you worry. I'll see you again soon. But not too soon. Take you time. Please. No rush. None at all.

© 2015 Morgan Yai


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

All of the works of yours I've read have stirred emotion. That is something you seem very good at. You are able to write and make people feel what you feel. That's a truly great talent to have.
I love the message portrayed here. If only everyone knew the words we never said. Sometimes it's just so hard to communicate, and other times it is impossible.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thank you. Oh God, thank you. This is fantastic!! I loved it SO much! You have a beautiful way of writing this sad and wonderful tale. The sisters' story hit me hard. Thank you. The only reason I haven't given you a 100 score is because (and I'm sure you've heard this a lot.) that pesky little you at the end should be a your.

Posted 5 Years Ago


That actually nearly made me cry. ( which is something I've ever only done with Harry Potter) It hit close to home for me.

Nicely done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

All of the works of yours I've read have stirred emotion. That is something you seem very good at. You are able to write and make people feel what you feel. That's a truly great talent to have.
I love the message portrayed here. If only everyone knew the words we never said. Sometimes it's just so hard to communicate, and other times it is impossible.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow... that's a pretty painful story. Well written. I enjoyed the changes in perspective too.
Well done. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2015
Last Updated on June 9, 2015
Tags: Sad, cry, depression, depressing, suicide


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..